More information, please [Study As­sess­ment]

posted by AngusMcLean – USA, 2016-05-13 18:40 (2866 d 19:05 ago) – Posting: # 16301
Views: 30,634

Hello: It is a very well known drug and many MR formulations are on the market. (You have experience with this drug). All except one formulation show dose proportionality from lowest to highest strength. The one which does not is almost dose proportional. We used that in our clinical protocol to justify our study design of using just two doses. We do have intermediate doses between the low and the high.

There are only two does levels to plot. The relationship is as follows:

LnPK=B0+B1*Ln(dose) where LnPK pertains to Cmax or AUC.

So we have a regression line going through the points: we evaluate the slope (B1), intercept and the confidence intervals about the slope to evaluate dose proportionality. Brian Smith in Pharm Research year 2000 has extended the approach from the original UK working party. It seems that you can calculate intrasubject and intersubject variance e.g. for AUC and partial AUC from this approach. I do not follow how to do it. I use the usual intrasubject and intersubject values from Phoenix WinNonlin 6.4 and I am happy with that.

Angus

Complete thread:

UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,940 posts in 4,812 threads, 1,640 registered users;
47 visitors (1 registered, 46 guests [including 10 identified bots]).
Forum time: 12:46 CET (Europe/Vienna)

Those people who think they know everything
are a great annoyance to those of us who do.    Isaac Asimov

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5