To whom it may concern [Two-Stage / GS Designs]

posted by ElMaestro  – Denmark, 2016-03-06 23:59 (2943 d 23:04 ago) – Posting: # 16060
Views: 9,045

To whom it may concern:

❝ (...)Yes. As said above this gives statistician hiccups. The ideal situation would be a proof for the type I error. Most statisticians accept simulations only for the type II error.(...)

Power is the chance of showing BE for some given model at a given CV and GMR. The type I error is by definition the power when the GMR is chosen to be exactly on the acceptance border (either high or low, there is no difference). Thus power and type I error is for all practical purposes one and the same thing, all that differs is the applied GMR. Why on earth would you trust anyone's results after he/she types 0.95 on a keyboard and presses Enter, but not trust the same person typing 0.8 or 1.25 and hitting Enter?

There is a not a single equation or iteration that is not operating according to the same rule set when we simulate for power vs. when we simulate for type I error. The difference is solely in the value of a single variable.

And I was always taught that cherry-picking is not an option. Consider two BE plasma samples that are being analysed. They are the input into the exact same process. Whatever comes out of that process has to be trusted and it isn't an option for me to prefer one output over the one as long as the process they were subjected to was the same and valid. If I try cherry-picking I will be subjected to inspection and questioning, and that is really fair enough.
If we subject "0.95" and "1.25" (or "0.80") to the exact same process then we do not consider the output arising from one of them to be more valid than the output arising from the other. So can you please tell me that either both results can be trusted or that neither of the two results can?

Many, many thanks. I really mean it.

Pass or fail!
ElMaestro

Complete thread:

UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,957 posts in 4,819 threads, 1,636 registered users;
66 visitors (0 registered, 66 guests [including 10 identified bots]).
Forum time: 23:04 CET (Europe/Vienna)

Nothing shows a lack of mathematical education more
than an overly precise calculation.    Carl Friedrich Gauß

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5