Baseline; another example [Regulatives / Guidelines]

posted by Helmut Homepage – Vienna, Austria, 2016-02-12 14:37 (2989 d 14:35 ago) – Posting: # 15981
Views: 16,259

Hi nobody,

❝ Can we start a diploma thesis…

THX, not interested.

❝ … with adding some more random effects on the baseline (physiology jumps around like hell in practice, due to health status, sports, sleep, food etc.). Would love to see a large set of simulations taking into account all that!

Me too.

❝ Some 20 years ago I set up some S-plus simulations "retro-NONMEM" with true values and all kinds of variability to study the potential influence of analytical variability on BE decisions.

Haha, welcome to the club! I had even to crazy idea to optimize the number and location of calibrators based on PK (objective function: Minimize the RE of back-calculated concentrations). Trashed.

❝ Unfortunately never finished (end of academic time :-D) and lost the files while moving over from one computer to the next in the pre-NAS era...

Do you mean the NSA? The impact of bioanalytics on the outcome BE-studies is overrated anyhow. Unless the method is (really!) lousy, analytical variability contributes little to total variability (mainly biological noise).*

Dif-tor heh smusma 🖖🏼 Довге життя Україна! [image]
Helmut Schütz
[image]

The quality of responses received is directly proportional to the quality of the question asked. 🚮
Science Quotes

Complete thread:

UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,988 posts in 4,825 threads, 1,654 registered users;
96 visitors (0 registered, 96 guests [including 3 identified bots]).
Forum time: 06:13 CEST (Europe/Vienna)

The whole purpose of education is
to turn mirrors into windows.    Sydney J. Harris

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5