Method for replicate design [Nonparametrics]

posted by Helmut Homepage – Vienna, Austria, 2008-01-23 17:50 (5931 d 00:10 ago) – Posting: # 1548
Views: 8,715

Dear DLabes!

❝ can anybody give me a hint about non-parametric evaluation of BE (average) within replicate cross-over design (2-sequence-4-period and/or 4-sequence-4-period)?

First of all congratulations for being the first colleague posting in my personal favorite category “Nonparametrics”
… but such a difficult question! :ponder:
To my knowledge there’s simply no specific method published at all.
Since replicate designs were at least to some degree submitted to the FDA, tmax did not play an important role, because evaluation of early exposure (partial AUC up to median tmax of the reference – rather than a direct comparison of tmax itself) performed by a parametric method is considered the standard over there.

❝ This will be needed for Tmax evaluation, for which most guidances recommend a non-parametric evaluation.

You are right. But if you go beyond the conventiona 2×2 design, nonparametrics will leave you out in the rain. I know of just two publications (for a 2-treatment, 2-period, 4-sequence design1 and a 6×3 Williams’ design2), althoughOne possibility comes into my mind: Performing a parametric evaluation of the replicate design, but not on the untransformed raw data of tmax, but on the ranks within each period.
But I must confess, I have neither done such an analysis myself nor seen it anywhere…

1. Elswick RK, Uthoff VA. A nonparametric approach to the analysis of the two-treatment, two-period, four-sequence crossover model. Biometrics. 1989;45(2):663–7.
  2. Bellavance F, Tardif S. A nonparametric approach to the analysis of three-treatment three-period crossover designs. Biometrika. 1995;82(4):865–75. doi:10.1093/biomet/82.4.865.

Dif-tor heh smusma 🖖🏼 Довге життя Україна! [image]
Helmut Schütz
[image]

The quality of responses received is directly proportional to the quality of the question asked. 🚮
Science Quotes

Complete thread:

UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,988 posts in 4,825 threads, 1,661 registered users;
81 visitors (1 registered, 80 guests [including 4 identified bots]).
Forum time: 19:00 CEST (Europe/Vienna)

The only way to comprehend what mathematicians mean by Infinity
is to contemplate the extent of human stupidity.    Voltaire

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5