LaTeX, MathML, PNGs [General Sta­tis­tics]

posted by Helmut Homepage – Vienna, Austria, 2015-09-27 16:23 (3127 d 05:52 ago) – Posting: # 15474
Views: 26,367

Hi Shuanghe,

congratulations for mastering the nested lists in your post. I’m impressed!

❝ 9. It seems LaTeX expression can not be used to write math equation here.

Correct.

❝ Is it possible to implement it?

Theoretically yes.If you enjoy the “beauty” of formulas: [image] ⇒ DVI ⇒ Ghostscript ⇒ grayscale (4 or 8 bit) PNG with alpha-trans­parency en­abled and upload/link the file here. Example:

[image]

Drawbacks: If images are dis­abled in the browser only the image’s attribute alt="[image]" is displayed. Ge­SHi would come up with alt="\left ( \frac{s_{wR} / s_{wT} } {\sqrt{F_{\alpha/2}, \quad {\nu_1}, \quad {\nu_2}}}, \frac{s_{wR} / s_{wT} } {\sqrt{F_{1-\alpha/2}, \quad {\nu_1}, \quad {\nu_2}}} \right )". The former is non-informative and the latter confusing to anybody not familiar with the syntax of AMS[image].

BTW, simple formulas in the forum can be constructed by means of UTF-8 characters and BB-Codes, e.g.,

CVw = √σ²w − 1

❝ Since there are so many members here …

Don’t overestimate that. This year so far only 122 of them were active (at least one post). The forum is a rather exclusive club; ten nerds (0.1%) are guilty for 55% of all posts.

❝ … and some times one has to write complicate formula it might be a good idea to be able to write equations in LaTeX.

I’m afraid users in the forum being knowledgable of [image] are in the minority… BTW, I once wrote a manu­script in MiKTEX according to the publisher’s templates only to learn that they required bloody M$-Word in the mean­time. Although I used MathType don’t ask me how the paper looked at the end. :-(

Edit: With the MathJax library (installed June 2019):
$$\left(\frac{s_{wR}/s_{wT}} {\sqrt{F_{\alpha/2},\quad{\nu_1},\quad{\nu_2}}},\frac{s_{wR}/s_{wT} }{\sqrt{F_{1-\alpha/2},\quad{\nu_1},\quad{\nu_2}}}\right)$$
$$C{V_w}=\sqrt{{e^{\sigma _w^2}}-1}$$

Dif-tor heh smusma 🖖🏼 Довге життя Україна! [image]
Helmut Schütz
[image]

The quality of responses received is directly proportional to the quality of the question asked. 🚮
Science Quotes

Complete thread:

UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,988 posts in 4,825 threads, 1,661 registered users;
85 visitors (0 registered, 85 guests [including 6 identified bots]).
Forum time: 22:16 CEST (Europe/Vienna)

The only way to comprehend what mathematicians mean by Infinity
is to contemplate the extent of human stupidity.    Voltaire

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5