♩ ♪♫♬`·.¸¸.·´`·.¸¸. [Two-Stage / GS Designs]

posted by Helmut Homepage – Vienna, Austria, 2015-06-02 03:52 (3248 d 10:48 ago) – Posting: # 14890
Views: 18,350

¡ Hola el Jeffe !

❝ We are trying to build confidence in the point estimate, this is the whole point of the (any) BE study. At a time when we have very little confidence in it we will not be rewarded from trying to make use of it. That is in a nutshell why the two-stage approaches do not work when we try to use the PE from stage 1.

Yep.

❝ I think we need it published, …

Sooner or later. Mainly (solely?) so satisfy our egos. It is not par­ti­cularly new that ad­justing for the observed GMR sucks in terms of power.1,2 Nobody seemingly reads this stuff… Why should anybody read ours?

❝ … or some other way to get the message across.

Ahem. How / where?

❝ Telling companies that it doesn't work, well... doesn't work.

Yes. See the end of this post. Same company, two countries.
1st training:

»Our statisticians [plural!] told us that there is no problem.« – »??‽!«
These “experts” did not participate. BE too primitive topic for them? Any­thing below the Kullback-Leibler diver­gence seems to be of no interest to them.*

2nd training:

Statistician present. »I have been told that you routinely use Hay­bittle-Peto? Did you try to assess the type I error?«»We always use SAS, which is vali­dated.« – »??‽!«

❝ "Mr. Birdsong is not helping the project forward." vs "Mr. Birdsong is offering an opportunity to avoid a sad and brainless waste of money." The interpretation is commonly the former, rarely the latter :-D

Good story, ♩ ♪♫♬! You speak from my .

References:
  1. Jennison C, Turnbull BW. Mid-course sample size modification in clinical trials based on the observed treatment effect. Stat Med. 2003;22(6):971–93. doi 10.1002/sim.1457
  2. Tsiatis AA, Mehta C. On the inefficiency of the adaptive design for monitoring clinical trials. Biometrika. 2003;90(2):367–78. doi 10.1093/biomet/90.2.367

Dif-tor heh smusma 🖖🏼 Довге життя Україна! [image]
Helmut Schütz
[image]

The quality of responses received is directly proportional to the quality of the question asked. 🚮
Science Quotes

Complete thread:

UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,990 posts in 4,826 threads, 1,646 registered users;
56 visitors (1 registered, 55 guests [including 8 identified bots]).
Forum time: 14:41 CEST (Europe/Vienna)

If you don’t like something change it;
if you can’t change it, change the way you think about it.    Mary Engelbreit

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5