no para­meters in non­para­me­tric tests… [Nonparametrics]

posted by Helmut Homepage – Vienna, Austria, 2015-05-16 20:50 (3259 d 21:41 ago) – Posting: # 14841
Views: 6,150

Hi Angus,

❝ Phoenix WinNonlin 6.4 […] I do not see intrasubject and intersubject variances…

Parameters (like the mean & variance) define parametric statistics (hence, the name). Since this test is nonparametric, variance(s) don’t exist.
Don’t get confused by PHX’s output, which gives also the median of test and reference. The PE of T-R is not the difference of these medians. The test calculates all pairwise differences. Their median is called the Hodges-Lehmann estimator; the CI is calculated according to Moses1,2 (see also this thread). You will also notice that the CI is rarely symmetrical around the PE.

If you want to dive deeper into the matter:
  1. Hauschke D, Steinijans VW, Diletti E. A distribution-free procedure for the statistical analysis of bioequivalence studies. Int J Clin Pharm Ther Toxicol. 1990;28(2):72–8. PMID 2307548.
  2. Hollander M, Wolfe DA. Nonparametric Statistical Methods.New York: Wiley (3rd ed 2013); p. 115–4.

Dif-tor heh smusma 🖖🏼 Довге життя Україна! [image]
Helmut Schütz
[image]

The quality of responses received is directly proportional to the quality of the question asked. 🚮
Science Quotes

Complete thread:

UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,986 posts in 4,823 threads, 1,668 registered users;
67 visitors (0 registered, 67 guests [including 7 identified bots]).
Forum time: 18:31 CEST (Europe/Vienna)

Art is “I”; science is “we”.    Claude Bernard

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5