TSDs for RSABE/ABEL [Two-Stage / GS Designs]

posted by Helmut Homepage – Vienna, Austria, 2015-05-06 15:49 (3274 d 22:24 ago) – Posting: # 14763
Views: 11,135

Hi ElMaestro,

❝ this was a great post, and really a necessary one.

THX.

❝ a. "Noone has proven it doesn't work so we'll try it."

Courageous (or just stupid?)

Primary concern in bioequivalence assessment is to limit the risk of erroneously accepting bio­equi­va­lence, i.e., maintain the patient’s risk (α) at ≤0.05.1,2 Only statistical procedures, which do not exceed the nominal risk of 5%, can be accepted.3,4

❝ I have heard that there is going to be a symposium in Prague in two weeks where one of the true authorities on the issue of two-stage approaches (I am talking about a certain consultant from Vienna who also has a nasty habit of torturing statistical software) is a panelist…

I have heard that another eminent consultant from Haderslev (having the habit of coding nasty software) will be a panelist as well.

Oldies but goodies:
  1. McGilveray IJ, Midha KK, Skelly JP, Dighe S, Doluisio JT, French IW, Karim A, Burford R. Consensus Report from ‘Bio International ’89’: Issues in the Evaluation of Bioavailability Data. J Pharm Sci. 1990;79(10):945–6. doi 10.1002/jps.2600791022
  2. Melander H. Problems and Possibilities with the Add-On Subject Design. In: Midha KK, Blume HH. (eds). Bio-International. Bioavailability, Bioequivalence and Phar­ma­co­kinetics. Stuttgart: medpharm; 1992; p. 85–90.
  3. Commission of the European Communities. CPMP Guideline: Investigation of Bioavailability and Bioequivalence. Brussels 1991;111/54/89_EN. online
  4. International Conference on Harmonisation of Technical Requirements for Registration of Pharmaceuticals for Human Use. ICH Harmonised Tripartite Guideline: Statistical Principles for Clinical Trials. E9 (Step 4, 1998) online

Dif-tor heh smusma 🖖🏼 Довге життя Україна! [image]
Helmut Schütz
[image]

The quality of responses received is directly proportional to the quality of the question asked. 🚮
Science Quotes

Complete thread:

UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,990 posts in 4,826 threads, 1,646 registered users;
61 visitors (1 registered, 60 guests [including 5 identified bots]).
Forum time: 14:14 CEST (Europe/Vienna)

If you don’t like something change it;
if you can’t change it, change the way you think about it.    Mary Engelbreit

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5