to exclude or not to ex­clude - let the user decide [RSABE / ABEL]

posted by mittyri – Russia, 2015-03-29 21:04 (3309 d 01:36 ago) – Posting: # 14631
Views: 25,082

Dear Yung-jin,

❝ What if the subject with only 2-3 evaluable data available as Helmut said in your pointed thread? It may still cause the problem too.

Yes, you're right, at this moment it is impossible to make a software "push a button" (BTW some subjects tried)
So only pharmacokinetist can make a decision about the data (is it evaluable or not).
I would not delegate the responsibility to the software.
In the meantime I think Bear can report to the user some helpful comments (e.g. "please be informed that only 3 evaluable points are provided for subject# in period#"). So user can make a decision: to exclude this data or not.

❝ I don't quite understand here: if you can exclude the subjects who do not have evaluable data point available beforehand, why not?

As I understood the PK guru's in the mentioned thread:
Helmut wrote:
"I would exclude the subject and maybe the other subjects with only one or two concentrations as well."
ElMaestro answered: "If the software throws an error for the log step without executing a default solution, then I think it is justified to introduce NA's where the software can't logarithmise and then let the chips run their course. Otherwise it is a choice between analysing something or analysing nothing (which is unethical)."
Grey zone of BE...
I would add a row to the options, where the user can decide what to do with this data: to exclude the subject from analysis or to mark the data of period as NA

Anyway my suggestions could be wrong, I'll be glad to see the additional comments from another PK members

Kind regards,
Mittyri

Complete thread:

UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,988 posts in 4,825 threads, 1,661 registered users;
95 visitors (0 registered, 95 guests [including 7 identified bots]).
Forum time: 22:41 CEST (Europe/Vienna)

The only way to comprehend what mathematicians mean by Infinity
is to contemplate the extent of human stupidity.    Voltaire

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5