Don’t hurry; explore consequences [Study As­sess­ment]

posted by Helmut Homepage – Vienna, Austria, 2014-07-08 14:00 (3551 d 23:30 ago) – Posting: # 13237
Views: 11,978

Hi!

❝ However, as you mentioned that by considering the obtained T/R ratio, a higher sample size would be required.

❝ Could you please let me know that what could be in approx sample size if study is repeated?

I strongly suggest not to use values obtained in the study hoping that you get exactly the same ones in a repeated one. They are estimates, not “carved in stone”. Consider reading one of my pre­sen­ta­tions about sample size estimation. You will see that in your case (similar CVs of AUC and Cmax) the ratio is more important. To give you a first idea (using exactly the values for AUC): 78 subjects for 80% power and 108 for 90%.
Get [image] / package PowerTOST and run a sensitivity analysis according to ICH E9:

The method by which the sample size is calculated should be given in the protocol, to­geth­er with the estimates of any quantities used in the calculations (such as variances, mean values, […] difference to be detected). The basis of these estimates should also be given. It is impor­tant to investigate the sensitivity of the sample size estimate to a vari­ety of deviations from these assumptions and this may be facilitated by providing a range of sample sizes appro­pri­ate for a reasonable range of deviations from as­sump­tions.

❝ unique_one.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique.
   Just like everyone else.
     Margaret Mead

Dif-tor heh smusma 🖖🏼 Довге життя Україна! [image]
Helmut Schütz
[image]

The quality of responses received is directly proportional to the quality of the question asked. 🚮
Science Quotes

Complete thread:

UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,957 posts in 4,819 threads, 1,636 registered users;
104 visitors (0 registered, 104 guests [including 9 identified bots]).
Forum time: 12:31 CET (Europe/Vienna)

With four parameters I can fit an elephant,
and with five I can make him wiggle his trunk.    John von Neumann

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5