the basis of T/R in the Pro­tocol [Regulatives / Guidelines]

posted by Helmut Homepage – Vienna, Austria, 2014-03-14 14:53 (3692 d 23:29 ago) – Posting: # 12625
Views: 5,759

Hi Mittyri,

❝ Do you state in the protocol the reasons why did you choose the exact T/R ratio …

Yes.

❝ … (not default 95% setting)?

There is no “default” of 95%. The batch release spec’s generally are ±10%. EMA wants to have less than ±5% in measured content (unless it is demonstrated that nor suitable reference batch could be found; in this case a dose-correction is accept­able). But ±5% in content does not necessarily translate into ±5% in vivo. If I have information about a larger deviation from a pilot study I use it.
The GL only mentions an “appropriate sample size calculation”, whereas the old NfG was more specific: “the expected deviation from the reference product”. No idea why EMA boiled down the detailed – and reasonable – section about sample size estimation to plain :blahblah:.
I also include a sensitivity analysis according to ICH-E9, showing how violations of assumptions (larger deviation and/or CV, higher drop-out rate) might affect power. I generally aim for ~90% power (best case) and try to keep power ≥70% (worst case).

For HVDs/HVDPs I use ±10% even if I have seen a smaller deviation in a pilot study. For these kinds of drugs, the ratio tends to jump around between studies. I try to be con­servative.

Note that the FDA requires for NTIDs tighter release spec’s (±5%). For NTIDs I there­fore use ±2.5%. IMHO planning a NTID-study without a reasonably sized pilot is risky.

Dif-tor heh smusma 🖖🏼 Довге життя Україна! [image]
Helmut Schütz
[image]

The quality of responses received is directly proportional to the quality of the question asked. 🚮
Science Quotes

Complete thread:

UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,990 posts in 4,826 threads, 1,647 registered users;
51 visitors (1 registered, 50 guests [including 2 identified bots]).
Forum time: 15:23 CEST (Europe/Vienna)

If you don’t like something change it;
if you can’t change it, change the way you think about it.    Mary Engelbreit

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5