First hints for Phoenix [General Sta­tis­tics]

posted by Helmut Homepage – Vienna, Austria, 2014-02-20 21:11 (3710 d 06:05 ago) – Posting: # 12465
Views: 20,974

Hi Lucas,

❝ This is how it would look like according to them: […]

Interesting! I didn’t count, but ~200 subjects is not common in BE studies. It will not look that nice in the real world. The x-axis of the first plot is strange (negative means – I beg your pardon?). The distribution doesn’t look normal but skewed to the left* and the Q-Q plot looks extremely ugly. That’s actually a great example which EDA would suggest to use another trans­formation (e.g., ℯx or xn, where n>1).
However, let’s see what you can get in PHX (I numbered the panels in your plot):
  1. Plotting > XY-Plot (though for the abscissa I would either use the subject’s ID or the pre­dicted model values).
  2. Plotting > Histogram Show relative Frequency. In the current version (6.3) it is not possible to overlay a normal distribution, maybe in the next release?
  3. Plotting > QQ Plot.
  4. Upper part = trivial. Lower part = strange. In PHX the line in the Q-Q plot is fitted auto­ma­tic­ally – I don’t think it is possible to extract the parameters and AIC, BIC.
    BTW, these values are only useful in comparing different models. I cannot imagine what might its purpose here. AICC is the AIC corrected for small sample sizes. It proves that the statis­ti­ci­an is a “push-the-button-type” who does not know what he is doing. Of course you could fit the standard quantiles vs. stud. resid’s by PHX’ linear model.
If the sponsor insists on a similar layout, you have to leave PHX because different types of plots arranged in an array (aka trelis/lattice plots) are not supported. Either export relevant data from PHX and continue the analysis in R or generate the plots in PHX and paste them into a 4-cell table in your preferred text-processor.

Dif-tor heh smusma 🖖🏼 Довге життя Україна! [image]
Helmut Schütz
[image]

The quality of responses received is directly proportional to the quality of the question asked. 🚮
Science Quotes

Complete thread:

UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,987 posts in 4,824 threads, 1,669 registered users;
102 visitors (0 registered, 102 guests [including 5 identified bots]).
Forum time: 04:16 CEST (Europe/Vienna)

The only way to comprehend what mathematicians mean by Infinity
is to contemplate the extent of human stupidity.    Voltaire

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5