Qualitative analysis of the ANOVA residuals [General Sta­tis­tics]

posted by Helmut Homepage – Vienna, Austria, 2014-02-19 17:25 (3709 d 04:44 ago) – Posting: # 12456
Views: 20,201

Hi Lucas,

❝ […] So I thought that you guys had experience with that being required in other countries.

Limited experience. Once I had to deal with studies on a HVD (pre-scaling age) where the spon­sor – based on previous experiences – stated in the protocols that based on assessing the resid­uals (box­plots and Shapiro-Wilk test) in case of non-normality the study will be evaluated by a non­parametric method. The Dutch agency didn’t like that. In a hearing in The Hague the told me that “We in The Netherlands don’t believe in nonparametric statistics”. ;-)

❝ Doesn't seem to be a criteria for saying if the results are good or not, am I right?

In Canada you may exclude outliers if you have stated criteria in the protocol.

❝ ❝ [...] and with a little bit of struggle – in Phoenix/WinNonlin.

❝ Can u tell me how it can be done at Phoenix?

I’m currently struggling with some PopPK/PD-models which send my CPUs’ load to 80%. I don’t want to start concurrently another PHX-session because it would exceed my RAM and Phoenix would start swapping memory to disk. If I don’t come up with something in the next two weeks, remind me. Some hints in my whitepaper (Section 3.6) about EMA’s ABEL.

Dif-tor heh smusma 🖖🏼 Довге життя Україна! [image]
Helmut Schütz
[image]

The quality of responses received is directly proportional to the quality of the question asked. 🚮
Science Quotes

Complete thread:

UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,984 posts in 4,822 threads, 1,654 registered users;
55 visitors (0 registered, 55 guests [including 6 identified bots]).
Forum time: 23:09 CEST (Europe/Vienna)

You can’t fix by analysis
what you bungled by design.    Richard J. Light, Judith D. Singer, John B. Willett

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5