pAUCs [Study Per­for­mance]

posted by Helmut Homepage – Vienna, Austria, 2013-09-11 23:01 (3878 d 09:27 ago) – Posting: # 11482
Views: 8,904

Hi John,

❝ ❝ BTW, if you ask Phoenix/WinNonlin for partial AUCs (and sampling wasn’t per­formed exactly at the cut-off time point) an interpolation between two adjacent time points (before/after) is used; linear if C2 ≥ C1 and log/linear if C2 < C1. Makes sense, IMHO.

❝ I don't think you can make interpolation to obtain the concentration at the desire time right

Why not? As you know we work on the same drugs (pAUCs standard). Never had a problem. Of course I describe the procedure in the protocol and even give an example plot similar to that one …

[image]

… showing how pAUCs, t75%, and HVD are calculated. Samples denoted with an orange circle were not taken at scheduled time points – they were either interpolated (at t=0 and t=4) or extrapolated (t=24).

❝ (example: interpolate 4 hr concentration from 3.5 hr and 4.25 hr concentration)?

I thought that you don’t have the 3.5 sample (delayed till 4:11)? But you have the one at 4:02. Interpolate between this one and the one before. If you feel that you are reaching too far “to the left”, drop the AUCs and keep the Cmax.

❝ I thought you have to use the time point as is?

Who told you that? :-D
Did you never have small time deviations close to the truncation time point and asked Phoenix/WinNonlin for partial AUCs? If yes, I’m surprised. If no, guess what was going on behind the veil (or look it up in the User’s Guide).

Dif-tor heh smusma 🖖🏼 Довге життя Україна! [image]
Helmut Schütz
[image]

The quality of responses received is directly proportional to the quality of the question asked. 🚮
Science Quotes

Complete thread:

UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,993 posts in 4,828 threads, 1,656 registered users;
103 visitors (0 registered, 103 guests [including 4 identified bots]).
Forum time: 08:29 CEST (Europe/Vienna)

Never never never never use Excel.
Not even for calculation of arithmetic means.    Martin Wolfsegger

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5