Proc GLM random [Outliers]

posted by d_labes  – Berlin, Germany, 2013-08-07 18:46 (3886 d 08:03 ago) – Posting: # 11245
Views: 10,141

Dear ElMaestro,

❝ d_labes: As for the bogus statement, I must say that the online SAS manual is not particularly informative. Since it does not give any behavioural particulars for GLM with bogus, I think it just behaves the same regardless of whether there are missing cells or not?!?

I'm not sure if I get your point here.
The random statement is used by me solely for the purpose of doing the 'right' F-test for the sequence effects. In case of no missings this statement correctly figures out that the denominator for this test is subject(sequence). Ok, Ok let your silly-o-meter in your pocket :-D.
If there are missings some linear combination of MSE and MSsubject(sequence) is used. Why? As already said: never really understood.

❝ I would be interested to know how it figures out ls mean treatment difference. If there is a missing cell then I guess it is not the difference of treatment ls means. And what abut the df's for the treatment differences in such cases.

The random statement has nothing to do with the LSmeans, their diff and associated df, I think. These are calculated with all effects fixed as in any lm software.

Regards,

Detlew

Complete thread:

UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,957 posts in 4,819 threads, 1,636 registered users;
83 visitors (0 registered, 83 guests [including 12 identified bots]).
Forum time: 01:49 CET (Europe/Vienna)

With four parameters I can fit an elephant,
and with five I can make him wiggle his trunk.    John von Neumann

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5