BE without fail? R vs. R! Become a billion­aire! [Off Topic]

posted by Helmut Homepage – Vienna, Austria, 2013-05-31 19:17 (3954 d 22:22 ago) – Posting: # 10704
Views: 11,301

Hi Outlaw!

❝ […] Scientific malfeasance

Fantastic.

[image]Now get a decent cup of tea, sit down, read this story and the follow up. Details given by the US Depart­ment of Justice and :blahblah: [image] archived from Ranbaxy’s website.

»Company scientists told Thakur’s staff that they were directed to […] substitute brand-name drugs in lieu of their own ge­­ne­rics in bio­­­equi­­­va­­lence tests to produce better results.«
   »And then there was the ultimate shortcut: using brand-name drugs as stand-ins for its own in bio­­equi­­va­lence studies.«
   »Ranbaxy executives didn’t care, says Kathy Spreen, and made little effort to conceal it. In a con­ference call with a dozen company executives, one brushed aside her fears about the quality of the AIDS medicine Ranbaxy was supplying for Africa. “Who cares?” he said, according to Spreen. “It’s just blacks dying.”«

Makes me sick. :vomit:

BTW, in 2008 these guys cashed $2 billion by selling their 34% stake to Daiichi Sankyo. Enough for each of them to buy a Ferrari 458 every single week for the rest of their lives!
Given their chutzpah, I’m sure they would succeed in negotiating a discount.

Edit: In 2014–2015 Daiichi Sankyo gave up sorting out this mess (seemingly to accept an $800 million loss was considered cheaper than to continue) and sold to Sun Pharma making it the largest Indian pharma company and the 5th largest generic company worldwide. Do you think that Sun can/will do better than the Japanese?

Dif-tor heh smusma 🖖🏼 Довге життя Україна! [image]
Helmut Schütz
[image]

The quality of responses received is directly proportional to the quality of the question asked. 🚮
Science Quotes

Complete thread:

UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,957 posts in 4,819 threads, 1,636 registered users;
112 visitors (0 registered, 112 guests [including 4 identified bots]).
Forum time: 16:39 CET (Europe/Vienna)

With four parameters I can fit an elephant,
and with five I can make him wiggle his trunk.    John von Neumann

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5