R, packages (e.g. PowerTOST) and regulatory issues (e.g.FDA) [🇷 for BE/BA]

posted by yjlee168 Homepage – Kaohsiung, Taiwan, 2013-03-20 23:01 (4053 d 19:55 ago) – Posting: # 10251
Views: 11,226

Dear all,

The R Foundation for Statistical Computing has an official document (Dec. 28, 2012) about "R: Regulatory Compliance and Validation Issues A Guidance Document for the Use of R in Regulated Clinical Trial Environments". Looks like this document is updated from time to time. Also, Soukup of FDA had slides about "Using R: Perspectives of a FDA Statistical RevieweR". Hope these two documents can help the discussion. The content of Soukup's slide may need to be updated.

❝ ❝ I’m preparing a clinical ANDA BE study for the company I work with and for that purpose I’m using R and the package PowerTOST (I’m computing power and sample size and also I use CVfromCI and CVpooled)...

PowerTOST is a great tool in sample size and power estimation, especially in RSABE/scABE. I can bet that Detlew Labes must spend a lot of time and efforts to develop it and improve it. I used to download its tar file (containing all source codes; welcome to the open source world!) from CRAN and study its coding skills. I do learn a lots from it.

❝ ...

❝ For evaluation of BE in R you need e.g. Yung-Jin Lee's excellent BEAR or ...

Thanks for compliments. Hope the next release will get much better.

All the best,
-- Yung-jin Lee
bear v2.9.1:- created by Hsin-ya Lee & Yung-jin Lee
Kaohsiung, Taiwan https://www.pkpd168.com/bear
Download link (updated) -> here

Complete thread:

UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,993 posts in 4,828 threads, 1,653 registered users;
134 visitors (0 registered, 134 guests [including 1 identified bots]).
Forum time: 19:56 CEST (Europe/Vienna)

Never never never never use Excel.
Not even for calculation of arithmetic means.    Martin Wolfsegger

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5