2006-01-21 00:28
(6662 d 10:28 ago)

(edited by HS on 2007-10-09 21:03)
Posting: # 59
Views: 85,430

Guidance Documents [Regulatives / Guidelines]

Thread locked
Dear all,

I prepared a Collection of Links to Regulatory Guidances.

Enjoy!

Dear all,
following Prakash’s suggestion I added links to some GCP guidelines (namely ICH, WHO, EU, PAHO) to the guidance page.
Please see also my remarks concerning national legal regulations.

Recent additions
  • Malaysia and Argentia: GCP guidelines.
  • WHO Expert Committee on Specifications for Pharmaceutical Preparations, Fortieth Report (WHO Technical Report Series No. 937)
  • European Union: Definition of IMPs and NIMPs, Scientific Advice & Protocol Assistance, Reporting Results of Population PK Analyses, Concept Paper on BA/BE for HVDs/HVDPs, Questions & Answers on the BA and BE Guideline
  • Denmark: Bioequivalence and labelling of medicinal products with regard to generic substitution

• USA: Drug Interaction Studies—Study Design, Data Analysis, and Implications for Dosing and Labeling
  • Canada: Records Related to Clinical Trials, BE for Critical Dose Drugs
  • South Africa: Pharmaceutical and Analytical Guideline, Biostudies, Dissolution
  • Brazil: Implementation of Relative BA and BE Studies
  • Japan: All BE Guidelines were revised with 24 November 2006, Q&A-Documents were also published. No English translations are available as of today (05 Dec 2006).

• Argentia: BA/BE guidelines (in Spanish) based on WHO’s TRS No. 937; a very interesting document, covering not only the common 2×2 cross-over, but also add-on designs, parallel groups and replicate designs.
  • USA: BE Recommendations for Specific Products ordered by API.
  • OECD, WHO, EU, FDA: Guidelines on Good Laboratory Practice (GLP)
  • Taiwan: Various Guidelines (Chinese versions; thanks to Yung-jin Lee providing the links)

Dif-tor heh smusma 🖖🏼 Довге життя Україна! [image]
Helmut Schütz
[image]

The quality of responses received is directly proportional to the quality of the question asked. 🚮
Science Quotes
Helmut
★★★
Homepage
Vienna, Austria,
2007-02-20 17:16
(6266 d 17:41 ago)

@ Helmut
Posting: # 529
Views: 64,589

alternative sources…

Dear all,

although I’m trying to keep the Guidance Collection up to date (the last update is stated in the second paragraph, and the footer), I would give some alternatives:
A commercial service (the ‘Global Regulatory Activity Digest’) is run by the Drug Information Association (DIA).

Another private collection of guidelines is maintained by Ganesh M. Mugundu (webarchive).

Helmut Schütz
[image]

The quality of responses received is directly proportional to the quality of the question asked. 🚮
Science Quotes
Helmut
★★★
Homepage
Vienna, Austria,
2007-08-14 22:30
(6091 d 13:27 ago)

@ Helmut
Posting: # 982
Views: 63,660

requests for update

Dear visitors,

as stated in the Guidance-Collection I will try to keep the collection up-to-date.
Documents published within the last two years are marked; additions within the last four months are accessible by direct links from the introductory section.

To quote:

If you encounter broken links or are acquainted with any missing / updated documents please notify the webmaster.

Recently I’m getting e-mails sent through the contact-form (which is open for anybody) with laconic content like:

‘Some guidelines missing!’

This doesn’t help. Please send me a direct link or at least the complete title of the document.

Helmut Schütz
[image]

Science Quotes
Helmut
★★★
Homepage
Vienna, Austria,
2007-09-14 15:18
(6060 d 20:39 ago)

@ Helmut
Posting: # 1077
Views: 64,738

▌Regulatory requirements▐

Dear all,

if you have questions regarding regulatory requirements, please consult the Guidelines / Guidances first.

Only if you cannot find an answer there (or a guideline is ambiguous in a particular topic) and the [image] Forum’s Search did not give you an answer as well, start a new thread.

Thank you very much.

Helmut Schütz
[image]

Science Quotes
Helmut
★★★
Homepage
Vienna, Austria,
2009-06-08 17:24
(5427 d 18:33 ago)

@ Helmut
Posting: # 3835
Views: 58,425

Redesign of FDA’s website :-(

Dear all,

since mid-2008 FDA is redesigning their website.
Unfortunatelly starting with June 2009 most links to guidelines are broken without automatic redirect to new URIs (even FDA’s search-page sometimes leads to a nonexisting resource). :-(
Sizes of many files are wrong by a mile (e.g., Bioresearch Monitoring/Compliance Program/Clinical Investigators: 240KB instead of 3.24MB).
Let’s have a look at one example: Comparison Chart of FDA and EPA Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) Regulations and the OECD Principles of GLP. Validation failed with 175 XHTML-errors / 11 warnings and just [sic!] six CSS-errors. Although Dublin Core metadata are given in the header – only with double content and empty fields:

<meta name="dc.title" content= "Comparison Chart of FDA and EPA Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) Regulations and the OECD Principles of GLP"/>
<meta name="dc.type" content="WebContent"/>
<meta name="dc.description" content="Comparison Chart of FDA and EPA Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) Regulations and the OECD Principles of GLP"/>
<meta name="dc.language" content="en"/>
<meta name="posted" content="5/6/09 11:24 AM"/>
<meta name="keywords" content="Comparison Chart of FDA,EPA Good Laboratory Practice,GLP, Regulations,the OECD Principles of GLP"/>
<meta name="description" content="Comparison Chart of FDA and EPA Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) Regulations and the OECD Principles of GLP"/>
<meta name="dc.publisher" content=""/>
<meta name="dc.audience" content=""/>
<meta name="dc.creator" content=""/>
<meta name="old_url" content=""/>
<meta name="dc.subject" content=""/>

I guess there are some fishbrains at work across the pond. If you only know the ‘old’ name of a file (e.g., from a link on the web) – and have no idea about keywords indexed in FDA’s document database – chances of finding the file are practically zero. :angry:
‘Professionals at work! Too bad I can’t issue a ‘483’…

All guidance were not only moved to new locations, but also given a new file-names (generally of the type ucmXXXXXX.pdf or UCMXXXXXX.pdf, where XXXXXX is a six-digit number). In the ‘old’ system it was clear whether the document is a draft (XXXXdft.pdf) or a final version (XXXXfnl.pdf) – such information is lost in the new system. Internal links given in documents were not updated and lead to FDA’s 404 error page. :-D HTML-versions of most documents were removed.

Example:

ANDA CHECKLIST FOR CTD or eCTD FORMAT
FOR COMPLETENESS and ACCEPTABILITY of an APPLICATION
FOR FILING

old:
http://www.fda.gov/cder/ogd/anda_checklist.pdf
new:
http://www.fda.gov/downloads/Drugs/DevelopmentApprovalProcess/HowDrugsareDevelopedandApproved/ApprovalApplications/AbbreviatedNewDrugApplicationANDAGenerics/UCM151259.pdf

I updated the Guideline-collection accordingly. Here is a collection of some documents (in case you know just the old filename).

Helmut Schütz
[image]

Science Quotes
UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,986 posts in 4,823 threads, 1,662 registered users;
62 visitors (0 registered, 62 guests [including 6 identified bots]).
Forum time: 11:57 CEST (Europe/Vienna)

Art is “I”; science is “we”.    Claude Bernard

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5