2007-01-05 13:42
(6313 d 12:27 ago)

(edited by HS on 2007-01-06 12:40)
Posting: # 437
Views: 36,365

Hotmail/Live Mail reject e-mails [Tips / Tricks]

Thread locked
Dear all,

Micro$oft recently changed their system of classification of e-mails.
For reasons I was not able to trace yet, e-mails sent by the forum were rejected (classified as junk):
Final-Recipient: rfc822; foo@hotmailcom
Action: failed
Remote-MTA: dns; mxN.hotmail.com [65.54.244.NNN] Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 550 Command rejected for policy reasons.

Affected by this policy are all e-mails send by the forum, i.e.,
  • during registration, and
  • to other members of the forum with a hotmail-account.
Temporary fixes for:
New users
If you have a hotmail-account and do not receive your activation e-mail within 5-10 minutes, the blocking was in operation.
Please register again with another e-mail address.
Registered users
If you want to continue receiving e-mails from other users and/or want to be notified about replies to your posts please change the e-mail address in your profile.
Your name (top right hand corner) > Edit user data > [ Change e-mail address ]

I'm trying to resolve this issue and want to apologise for any inconveniences.

Update 2007-01-06
To be classified by Micro$oft as a spammer was for free, but to be put on a 'Whitelist' costs at least 400$...

Quoting Micro$oft following procedure may help:

Q. I received an e-mail in my Junk E-Mail Folder that wasn't Junk. What can I do?
A. To help prevent messages from specific senders from being evaluated as junk e-mail, you can add the senders to your safelist.

If you're using MSN Hotmail:
  1. Click Options.
  2. On the left side of the page, click Mail, and then click Junk E-Mail Protection.
  3. Click Safe List.
  4. Type a domain (i.e., bebac.at) from which you always want to receive messages, and then click Add.
If you're using Windows Live Mail:
  1. Click Options.
  2. Click Allowed and Blocked Senders under Junk e-mail
  3. Click Allowed senders.
  4. Type a domain (i.e., bebac.at) from which you always want to receive messages, and then click Add to List.
I am not sure whether this procedure resolves the issue, therefore I would still suggest to avoid Hotmail-Accounts for the forum.

Dif-tor heh smusma 🖖🏼 Довге життя Україна! [image]
Helmut Schütz
[image]

The quality of responses received is directly proportional to the quality of the question asked. 🚮
Science Quotes
Helmut
★★★
Homepage
Vienna, Austria,
2007-07-31 17:21
(6106 d 09:48 ago)

@ Helmut
Posting: # 950
Views: 14,430

BEBAC no more blacklisted by M$?

Dear all,

since 2 out the last 15 users registered to the forum through their Hotmail-Accounts – ignoring all warnings from my side :-D – probably Micro$oft has removed BEBAC from their blacklist.

So you may give it a try with your Hotmail/Livemail-Account, but I would still not suggest so, because if the registration fails, you will not only have to use another e-mail account, but also have to choose a new user-name…

PS: Obviously we were not alone. :angry:

Helmut Schütz
[image]

The quality of responses received is directly proportional to the quality of the question asked. 🚮
Science Quotes
Helmut
★★★
Homepage
Vienna, Austria,
2008-01-24 14:04
(5929 d 12:05 ago)

@ Helmut
Posting: # 1553
Views: 28,988

GMX.de rejects e-mails

Dear all,

For reasons I was not able to trace yet, e-mails sent by the forum to gmx.de-accounts were rejected (classified as junk) and bounced back:

<<< 550-5.7.1 {mx---} The recipient does not accept mails from 'chello.at' over foreign mailservers

I have no clue how this rule is applied by GMX, because the forum is not hosted by chello.at...

Affected by this policy are all e-mails send by the forum, i.e.,
  • during registration, and
  • to other members of the forum with a GMX-account.
Temporary fixes for:
New users
If you have a GMX-account and do not receive your activation e-mail within 5-10 minutes, the blocking was in operation.
Please register again with another e-mail address.
Registered users
If you want to continue receiving e-mails from other users and/or want to be notified about replies to your posts please change the e-mail address in your profile.
Your name (top right hand corner) > Edit user data > [ Change e-mail address ]

I want to apologise for any inconveniences.

Helmut Schütz
[image]

Science Quotes
Helmut
★★★
Homepage
Vienna, Austria,
2008-05-26 14:49
(5806 d 12:20 ago)

@ Helmut
Posting: # 1873
Views: 10,794

Hotmail/Live Mail, GMX acceptable for registration

Dear all,

since recently a couple of people with hotmail-accounts, two with GMX.de-accounts and one with a GMX.at-account registered to the forum, and I also received not problem reports – the story of blacklisted e-mails has become history in the end. :ok:

Helmut Schütz
[image]

Science Quotes
UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,986 posts in 4,823 threads, 1,667 registered users;
77 visitors (1 registered, 76 guests [including 6 identified bots]).
Forum time: 03:09 CEST (Europe/Vienna)

The only way to comprehend what mathematicians mean by Infinity
is to contemplate the extent of human stupidity.    Voltaire

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5