2006-01-21 00:28
(6660 d 11:31 ago)

(edited by HS on 2007-10-09 21:03)
Posting: # 59
Views: 85,417

Guidance Documents [Regulatives / Guidelines]

Thread locked
Dear all,

I prepared a Collection of Links to Regulatory Guidances.

Enjoy!

Dear all,
following Prakash’s suggestion I added links to some GCP guidelines (namely ICH, WHO, EU, PAHO) to the guidance page.
Please see also my remarks concerning national legal regulations.

Recent additions
  • Malaysia and Argentia: GCP guidelines.
  • WHO Expert Committee on Specifications for Pharmaceutical Preparations, Fortieth Report (WHO Technical Report Series No. 937)
  • European Union: Definition of IMPs and NIMPs, Scientific Advice & Protocol Assistance, Reporting Results of Population PK Analyses, Concept Paper on BA/BE for HVDs/HVDPs, Questions & Answers on the BA and BE Guideline
  • Denmark: Bioequivalence and labelling of medicinal products with regard to generic substitution

• USA: Drug Interaction Studies—Study Design, Data Analysis, and Implications for Dosing and Labeling
  • Canada: Records Related to Clinical Trials, BE for Critical Dose Drugs
  • South Africa: Pharmaceutical and Analytical Guideline, Biostudies, Dissolution
  • Brazil: Implementation of Relative BA and BE Studies
  • Japan: All BE Guidelines were revised with 24 November 2006, Q&A-Documents were also published. No English translations are available as of today (05 Dec 2006).

• Argentia: BA/BE guidelines (in Spanish) based on WHO’s TRS No. 937; a very interesting document, covering not only the common 2×2 cross-over, but also add-on designs, parallel groups and replicate designs.
  • USA: BE Recommendations for Specific Products ordered by API.
  • OECD, WHO, EU, FDA: Guidelines on Good Laboratory Practice (GLP)
  • Taiwan: Various Guidelines (Chinese versions; thanks to Yung-jin Lee providing the links)

Dif-tor heh smusma 🖖🏼 Довге життя Україна! [image]
Helmut Schütz
[image]

The quality of responses received is directly proportional to the quality of the question asked. 🚮
Science Quotes
Helmut
★★★
Homepage
Vienna, Austria,
2007-02-20 17:16
(6264 d 18:43 ago)

@ Helmut
Posting: # 529
Views: 64,577

alternative sources…

Dear all,

although I’m trying to keep the Guidance Collection up to date (the last update is stated in the second paragraph, and the footer), I would give some alternatives:
A commercial service (the ‘Global Regulatory Activity Digest’) is run by the Drug Information Association (DIA).

Another private collection of guidelines is maintained by Ganesh M. Mugundu (webarchive).

Helmut Schütz
[image]

The quality of responses received is directly proportional to the quality of the question asked. 🚮
Science Quotes
Helmut
★★★
Homepage
Vienna, Austria,
2007-08-14 22:30
(6089 d 14:30 ago)

@ Helmut
Posting: # 982
Views: 63,648

requests for update

Dear visitors,

as stated in the Guidance-Collection I will try to keep the collection up-to-date.
Documents published within the last two years are marked; additions within the last four months are accessible by direct links from the introductory section.

To quote:

If you encounter broken links or are acquainted with any missing / updated documents please notify the webmaster.

Recently I’m getting e-mails sent through the contact-form (which is open for anybody) with laconic content like:

‘Some guidelines missing!’

This doesn’t help. Please send me a direct link or at least the complete title of the document.

Helmut Schütz
[image]

Science Quotes
Helmut
★★★
Homepage
Vienna, Austria,
2007-09-14 15:18
(6058 d 21:41 ago)

@ Helmut
Posting: # 1077
Views: 64,727

▌Regulatory requirements▐

Dear all,

if you have questions regarding regulatory requirements, please consult the Guidelines / Guidances first.

Only if you cannot find an answer there (or a guideline is ambiguous in a particular topic) and the [image] Forum’s Search did not give you an answer as well, start a new thread.

Thank you very much.

Helmut Schütz
[image]

Science Quotes
Helmut
★★★
Homepage
Vienna, Austria,
2009-06-08 17:24
(5425 d 19:35 ago)

@ Helmut
Posting: # 3835
Views: 58,413

Redesign of FDA’s website :-(

Dear all,

since mid-2008 FDA is redesigning their website.
Unfortunatelly starting with June 2009 most links to guidelines are broken without automatic redirect to new URIs (even FDA’s search-page sometimes leads to a nonexisting resource). :-(
Sizes of many files are wrong by a mile (e.g., Bioresearch Monitoring/Compliance Program/Clinical Investigators: 240KB instead of 3.24MB).
Let’s have a look at one example: Comparison Chart of FDA and EPA Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) Regulations and the OECD Principles of GLP. Validation failed with 175 XHTML-errors / 11 warnings and just [sic!] six CSS-errors. Although Dublin Core metadata are given in the header – only with double content and empty fields:

<meta name="dc.title" content= "Comparison Chart of FDA and EPA Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) Regulations and the OECD Principles of GLP"/>
<meta name="dc.type" content="WebContent"/>
<meta name="dc.description" content="Comparison Chart of FDA and EPA Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) Regulations and the OECD Principles of GLP"/>
<meta name="dc.language" content="en"/>
<meta name="posted" content="5/6/09 11:24 AM"/>
<meta name="keywords" content="Comparison Chart of FDA,EPA Good Laboratory Practice,GLP, Regulations,the OECD Principles of GLP"/>
<meta name="description" content="Comparison Chart of FDA and EPA Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) Regulations and the OECD Principles of GLP"/>
<meta name="dc.publisher" content=""/>
<meta name="dc.audience" content=""/>
<meta name="dc.creator" content=""/>
<meta name="old_url" content=""/>
<meta name="dc.subject" content=""/>

I guess there are some fishbrains at work across the pond. If you only know the ‘old’ name of a file (e.g., from a link on the web) – and have no idea about keywords indexed in FDA’s document database – chances of finding the file are practically zero. :angry:
‘Professionals at work! Too bad I can’t issue a ‘483’…

All guidance were not only moved to new locations, but also given a new file-names (generally of the type ucmXXXXXX.pdf or UCMXXXXXX.pdf, where XXXXXX is a six-digit number). In the ‘old’ system it was clear whether the document is a draft (XXXXdft.pdf) or a final version (XXXXfnl.pdf) – such information is lost in the new system. Internal links given in documents were not updated and lead to FDA’s 404 error page. :-D HTML-versions of most documents were removed.

Example:

ANDA CHECKLIST FOR CTD or eCTD FORMAT
FOR COMPLETENESS and ACCEPTABILITY of an APPLICATION
FOR FILING

old:
http://www.fda.gov/cder/ogd/anda_checklist.pdf
new:
http://www.fda.gov/downloads/Drugs/DevelopmentApprovalProcess/HowDrugsareDevelopedandApproved/ApprovalApplications/AbbreviatedNewDrugApplicationANDAGenerics/UCM151259.pdf

I updated the Guideline-collection accordingly. Here is a collection of some documents (in case you know just the old filename).

Helmut Schütz
[image]

Science Quotes
UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,984 posts in 4,822 threads, 1,649 registered users;
56 visitors (0 registered, 56 guests [including 8 identified bots]).
Forum time: 13:00 CEST (Europe/Vienna)

You can’t fix by analysis
what you bungled by design.    Richard J. Light, Judith D. Singer, John B. Willett

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5