☆    

Czech Republic,
2009-06-03 12:06
(5412 d 01:57 ago)

Posting: # 3809
Views: 5,922

Multiple groups [🇷 for BE/BA]

Dear all,

is it possible in Bear to calculate also the group effect? I mean the situation when using a 2-treatment, 2-sequence, and 2-period crossover design the subjects are divided into 2 or more groups due to logistical reasons like in this post.

Thank you.

Jan
yjlee168
★★★
Homepage
Kaohsiung, Taiwan,
2009-06-03 14:04
(5411 d 23:59 ago)

@ janmacek
Posting: # 3810
Views: 4,866

Multiple groups

Dear Jan,

I'm afraid NOT with bear for the moment. Although bear cannot do this analysis directly, R should be able to. Terribly sorry about this. Try "The Power to Know" and should be able to perform the analysis easily.

All the best,
-- Yung-jin Lee
bear v2.9.1:- created by Hsin-ya Lee & Yung-jin Lee
Kaohsiung, Taiwan https://www.pkpd168.com/bear
Download link (updated) -> here
Helmut
★★★
Homepage
Vienna, Austria,
2009-06-03 14:17
(5411 d 23:46 ago)

@ janmacek
Posting: # 3811
Views: 4,836

Multiple groups

Dear Jan,

a cheaper less expensive alternative to SAS is WinNonlin... :-D

Dif-tor heh smusma 🖖🏼 Довге життя Україна! [image]
Helmut Schütz
[image]

The quality of responses received is directly proportional to the quality of the question asked. 🚮
Science Quotes
ElMaestro
★★★

Denmark,
2009-06-03 22:09
(5411 d 15:54 ago)

@ Helmut
Posting: # 3814
Views: 4,777

Multiple groups

Dear all,

sorry if this is borderline hijacking of the thread, but I read with great interest the thread referenced, where it was proposed to include group as a fixed factor and evaluate Treatment*Group.
When we test for sequence effects we usually apply the between-subject error in the denominator for the F-statistic; the curent logic goes something like this: The sequence effect is a between-subject factor, see e.g. the recent Bogus thread, therefore between-subject variability should be used as error.
So, in all innocence, and given the facts that I am not a statistician and my brain is the size of a walnut, and since I like the logic about testing the sequence effects, let me ask: Which error term is appropriate for Treatment*Group?
Treatment is a within-factor while group - if I get the issue right here - is a between-factor.
(I could of course also ask something like "If we use the power to know in combination with the bogus statement, which error term does the almighty power, in whose hands many statisticians blindly command their spirits, use for the interaction?" - but of course I will not ask that way because it could lead to false assumptions about my opinion about said stats package.)

EM.
UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,957 posts in 4,819 threads, 1,639 registered users;
74 visitors (0 registered, 74 guests [including 7 identified bots]).
Forum time: 13:03 CET (Europe/Vienna)

Nothing shows a lack of mathematical education more
than an overly precise calculation.    Carl Friedrich Gauß

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5