☆    

India,
2024-01-19 05:24
(100 d 03:00 ago)

Posting: # 23832
Views: 1,401

Steady state BE study dosing [Design Issues]

Dear All,

We are planning a steady state bioequivalence study on healthy subject with tid dosing (every 8 hours) on day 1 to day 4. Serial PK blood sample collections are planned on Day 5 after morning dosing(expected to reach steady state concentration on day 5).

Kindly clarify, whether 2nd and 3rd dose on day 5 need to be administered or not? and sampling should be continued for 24 hours?

Thanks in advance!

Regards
NK

Edit: Category changed; see also this post #1[Helmut]
Helmut
★★★
Homepage
Vienna, Austria,
2024-01-20 13:50
(98 d 18:34 ago)

@ NK
Posting: # 23834
Views: 1,211

Circadian rhythm?

Hi NK,

❝ We are planning a steady state bioequivalence study on healthy subject with tid dosing (every 8 hours) on day 1 to day 4. Serial PK blood sample collections are planned on Day 5 after morning dosing(expected to reach steady state concentration on day 5).

❝ Kindly clarify, whether 2nd and 3rd dose on day 5 need to be administered or not? and sampling should be continued for 24 hours?

If you have evidence from peer-reviewed literature that the PK of the drug is not subjected to a circadian rhythm, the profile after the first dose in steady state is sufficient. Otherwise, you have to dose also tid on day 5 and the primary PK metric for the extent of absorption will be AUCss,0–24h. A ‘classical’ example is theophylline.

Dif-tor heh smusma 🖖🏼 Довге життя Україна! [image]
Helmut Schütz
[image]

The quality of responses received is directly proportional to the quality of the question asked. 🚮
Science Quotes
dshah
★★  

India/United Kingdom,
2024-01-22 11:09
(96 d 21:15 ago)

@ NK
Posting: # 23837
Views: 1,197

Steady state BE study dosing

Hi NK!

❝ Kindly clarify, whether 2nd and 3rd dose on day 5 need to be administered or not? and sampling should be continued for 24 hours?

So you are asking for protocol preparation consideration. The study is in healthy volunteers- so I believe that AUC0-t/AUC0-inf>=0.8 also needs to be followed, so consider sampling accordingly.

Regards,
Divyen
Helmut
★★★
Homepage
Vienna, Austria,
2024-01-27 23:01
(91 d 09:23 ago)

@ dshah
Posting: # 23842
Views: 869

AUC in steady state

Hi Divyen,

❝ So you are asking for protocol preparation consideration. The study is in healthy volunteers- so I believe that AUC0-t/AUC0-inf>=0.8 also needs to be followed, so consider sampling accordingly.

Here you err. Neither AUC0–t nor AUC0– are PK metrics of the extent of absorption in steady state.

Helmut Schütz
[image]

The quality of responses received is directly proportional to the quality of the question asked. 🚮
Science Quotes
dshah
★★  

India/United Kingdom,
2024-01-27 23:06
(91 d 09:18 ago)

@ Helmut
Posting: # 23843
Views: 862

AUC in steady state

Hi Helmut!
Thank you for correcting me.
Seems an EMA Study because of steady state requirement.
Regards,
Divyen
Helmut
★★★
Homepage
Vienna, Austria,
2024-01-27 23:16
(91 d 09:08 ago)

@ dshah
Posting: # 23844
Views: 865

AUC in steady state

Hi Divyen,

❝ Thank you for correcting me.

No worries, I err all the time… :-D
Background and some ideas.

Helmut Schütz
[image]

Science Quotes
UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,993 posts in 4,828 threads, 1,645 registered users;
33 visitors (0 registered, 33 guests [including 4 identified bots]).
Forum time: 09:25 CEST (Europe/Vienna)

Law is mind without reason.    Aristotle

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5