Researcher101
☆    

Egypt,
2020-09-23 23:53
(1281 d 23:30 ago)

Posting: # 21935
Views: 1,495

diarrhea in Extend­ed release study [Outliers]

Dear All, I'm asking if I have a study on product containing two actives (one IR and the other extended release) and a participant had a diarrhea after Tmax of the IR active and through the Tmax of the XR active. should I exclude the participant from the study? or include him in the XR active statistical calculation and exclude in the IR? :confused:
dshah
★★  

India/United Kingdom,
2020-09-24 14:05
(1281 d 09:19 ago)

@ Researcher101
Posting: # 21936
Views: 1,180

diarrhea in Extended release study

Dear Researcher!

It is better to exclude the subject from study.

For XR- your PI shall confirm to exclude participant on clinical ground.

Regards,
DShah
ElMaestro
★★★

Denmark,
2020-09-24 15:18
(1281 d 08:06 ago)

@ Researcher101
Posting: # 21937
Views: 1,182

diarrhea in Extended release study

Hi researcher101,

❝ (...) if I have a study on product containing two actives (one IR and the other extended release) and a participant had a diarrhea after Tmax of the IR active and through the Tmax of the XR active. should I exclude the participant from the study? or include him in the XR active statistical calculation and exclude in the IR? :confused:

Shit happens :cool:

Yes, the only reason this question is relevant up is that Sponsors have not begun to adhere to the policy of pharmacokinetic solidarity :-D

Here's how I would approach it:
1. Act according to the protocol.
2. If nothing is stated in the protocol about this situation, act in accordance with SOPs.
3. If nothing in stated in SOPs about this situation, let the PI (and none other than the PI!) judge the case, decide and document the basis for her/his decision.
Judging the case for example means the PI (un-coercedly) should decide if inclusion data arising from the subject in question helps fulfill the purpose of the trial.

Oftentimes, if you are doing BE with two active treatments with just two periods, then exclusion of one period for a subject means that subject is entirely lost for the purposes of stats.
You did not mention where you are submitting the dossier, but national guidelines may apply as well.

Pass or fail!
ElMaestro
UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,957 posts in 4,819 threads, 1,636 registered users;
91 visitors (0 registered, 91 guests [including 9 identified bots]).
Forum time: 22:24 CET (Europe/Vienna)

Nothing shows a lack of mathematical education more
than an overly precise calculation.    Carl Friedrich Gauß

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5