☆    

Turkey,
2019-04-09 13:51
(1814 d 22:12 ago)

Posting: # 20135
Views: 7,656

Storage conditions of plasma samples [Bioanalytics]

Hello everyone,

What should be the freezer storage intervals for plasma to be stored at -20°C. Our freezer's range is between -15°C and -40°C. We have a question for this. Question is upper limit is high and it must be maximum -25°C. Is anyone can give me information for the stability of plasma samples -40°C is wrong and why? Thanks.

Dr. Erol
Ohlbe
★★★

France,
2019-04-10 12:25
(1813 d 23:38 ago)

@ Erol
Posting: # 20136
Views: 7,002

Storage conditions of plasma samples

Dear Erol,

❝ What should be the freezer storage intervals for plasma to be stored at -20°C. Our freezer's range is between -15°C and -40°C. We have a question for this. Question is upper limit is high and it must be maximum -25°C.

I guess you mean the lower limit, giving a range of -25°C to -15°C ?

❝ Is anyone can give me information for the stability of plasma samples -40°C is wrong and why?

Generally speaking, if your analyte is stable at -20°C it will be also stable at -40°C. The EMA guideline allows a bracketing approach for small molecules (i.e. if you demonstrate stability at -70°C and -20°C it will cover all temperatures in between). The FDA 2018 guidance goes farther and states that stability at -20°C would cover colder temperatures. The draft M10 guideline allows extrapolation to lower temperatures only for small molecules but allows bracketing for large molecules. This still remains from the Crystal City 3 discussions and White Paper (hey, this one used to be free and now seems to be only accessible for a fee ?). I've heard since at a number of bioanalytical conferences that there is no published data to back up this distinction between small and large molecules. My understanding from discussions at the 13th WRIB last week is that industry will try and have it removed from the M10 final guidance.

Oh, by the way: I doubt your -20°C freezer would be able to reach -40°C anyway.

Regards
Ohlbe
Helmut
★★★
Homepage
Vienna, Austria,
2019-04-10 12:46
(1813 d 23:17 ago)

@ Ohlbe
Posting: # 20137
Views: 6,962

OT: Free access to the AAPS J

Dear Ohlbe,

❝ […] the Crystal City 3 discussions and White Paper (hey, this one used to be free and now seems to be only accessible for a fee ?).

Articles of the AAPS J are available for free about one year after publication via PubMed Central. In this case you see the summary and a link to the PDF.
Interesting that articles of Pharm Res (the other main journal of the AAPS) are not free.

Dif-tor heh smusma 🖖🏼 Довге життя Україна! [image]
Helmut Schütz
[image]

The quality of responses received is directly proportional to the quality of the question asked. 🚮
Science Quotes
Ohlbe
★★★

France,
2019-04-10 13:45
(1813 d 22:18 ago)

@ Helmut
Posting: # 20138
Views: 6,976

Dear Helmut,

❝ Articles of the AAPS J are available for free about one year after publication via PubMed Central. In this case you see the summary and a link to the PDF.

Thanks. I did things the wrong way 'round: I had the paper on my computer, went to the journal from it to provide a link, instead of searching Medline.

So these guys at Springer charge you if you want to download the paper from their own website, but grant others a right to provide it for free... Hum. Not sure I fully understand all marketing strategies.

Regards
Ohlbe
nobody
nothing

2019-04-10 14:26
(1813 d 21:38 ago)

@ Helmut
Posting: # 20139
Views: 6,911

❝ Interesting that articles of Pharm Res (the other main journal of the AAPS) are not free.

I always considered AAPS J as yellow press, but found out recently that in the meantime it has a higher impact factor than Pharm Res... (while the Springer subscription is half the price compared to Pharm Res).

PS: Where do these stars under my "nobody" suddenly come from? Very disturbing...

Kindest regards, nobody
Helmut
★★★
Homepage
Vienna, Austria,
2019-04-10 17:26
(1813 d 18:37 ago)

@ nobody
Posting: # 20141
Views: 6,865

Forum internal: ★

Hi nobody,

❝ […] in the meantime it has a higher impact factor than Pharm Res... (while the Springer subscription is half the price compared to Pharm Res).

The cheapest way is to become a member of AAPS. Then the subscription for both is included and you have access to ancient stuff not available at PMC.

❝ PS: Where do these stars under my "nobody" suddenly come from?

See FAQ#20.
Before it stated “Junior, Regular, Senior, etc.” in dark red (I know you preferred pink). I had to update this “status” manually in the database and received a couple of e-mails like “Why am I still a Junior; I made already 26 posts!”… Hence, I modified the scripts to query the database and throw these stars.

❝ Very disturbing...

I thought that stars and their color are less obtrusive than the text. I’m sorry that they disturb you.
If you insist I can introduce an exception for you. What do you prefer? ♥ ☠ ☢ ☣ ⚕ ℞ or nothing (which would match your nick)?

Helmut Schütz
[image]

The quality of responses received is directly proportional to the quality of the question asked. 🚮
Science Quotes
nobody
nothing

2019-04-10 17:42
(1813 d 18:21 ago)

@ Helmut
Posting: # 20142
Views: 6,873

I left behind my US clubs last year. No money going in this direction these days, sorry.

I would prefer "nothing" (all lower case, in pink, of course). Possible?

Kindest regards, nobody
Helmut
★★★
Homepage
Vienna, Austria,
2019-04-10 17:57
(1813 d 18:06 ago)

@ nobody
Posting: # 20143
Views: 6,831

Hi nobody,

❝ I would prefer "nothing" (all lower case, in pink, of course). Possible?

Your wish is my command. I opted for hotpink (#FF69B4) cause I think it fits you better. If you want boring pink (#FFC0CB), let me know.

Helmut Schütz
[image]

Science Quotes
nobody
nothing

2019-04-10 18:10
(1813 d 17:53 ago)

@ Helmut
Posting: # 20145
Views: 6,806

Pörfect! Many thanks!

Kindest regards, nobody
Helmut
★★★
Homepage
Vienna, Austria,
2019-04-10 18:17
(1813 d 17:46 ago)

@ nobody
Posting: # 20147
Views: 6,816

Hi nobody,

❝ Pörfect! Many thanks!

Welcome. Shall I add this one

[image]

as your avatar?

Helmut Schütz
[image]

Science Quotes
nobody
nothing

2019-04-10 18:33
(1813 d 17:30 ago)

@ Helmut
Posting: # 20148
Views: 6,809

...better not. I don't want to raise any suspicion. Things are complicated these days. You might end up as a terror organization if you do some art work.

Kindest regards, nobody
mittyri
★★  

Russia,
2019-04-10 18:02
(1813 d 18:01 ago)

@ Helmut
Posting: # 20144
Views: 6,835

Unique statuses

Hi Helmut,

❝ I had to update this “status” manually in the database and received a couple of e-mails like “Why am I still a Junior; I made already 26 posts!”… Hence, I modified the scripts to query the database and throw these stars.

❝ If you insist I can introduce an exception for you. What do you prefer? ♥ ☠ ☢ ☣ ⚕ ℞ or nothing (which would match your nick)?

Hey, are you ready for a next wave of mails with suggestions to have 'unique' statuses?

Kind regards,
Mittyri
Helmut
★★★
Homepage
Vienna, Austria,
2019-04-10 18:16
(1813 d 17:47 ago)

@ mittyri
Posting: # 20146
Views: 6,812

Unique statuses

Hi mittyri,

❝ Hey, are you ready for a next wave of mails with suggestions to have 'unique' statuses?

The moment I uploaded the script to the server the same idea came into my mind. I hope not.

Helmut Schütz
[image]

Science Quotes
nobody
nothing

2019-04-12 12:43
(1811 d 23:21 ago)

@ Helmut
Posting: # 20152
Views: 6,558

Unique statuses

...you can always say you did nothing for nobody, so no precedence at all ;)

Kindest regards, nobody
Erol
☆    

Turkey,
2019-04-10 22:29
(1813 d 13:34 ago)

@ Ohlbe
Posting: # 20149
Views: 6,798

Storage conditions of plasma samples

Dear Ohlbe,
Thank you for your answer.

Regards

Erol

Edit: Full quote removed. Please delete everything from the text of the original poster which is not necessary in understanding your answer; see also this post #5[Helmut]
UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,957 posts in 4,819 threads, 1,639 registered users;
78 visitors (0 registered, 78 guests [including 7 identified bots]).
Forum time: 11:04 CET (Europe/Vienna)

Nothing shows a lack of mathematical education more
than an overly precise calculation.    Carl Friedrich Gauß

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5