★    

Belarus,
2018-10-16 15:42
(2011 d 11:53 ago)

Posting: # 19451
Views: 2,952

Product-specific advice (steroid nasal sprays) [Design Issues]

Dear friends,
Are there any explicit recommendations or guidelines from EMA about how to establish bio-equivalence for nasal sprays with steroids? More specifically, how can we avoid a therapeutic equivalence study, European approach? Are there any recommendations on Morphologically-Directed Raman Spectroscopy (MDRS) as a substitute for a therapeutic equivalence study? Any references will be appreciated.
ElMaestro
★★★

Denmark,
2018-10-16 22:35
(2011 d 05:00 ago)

@ Mikalai
Posting: # 19457
Views: 2,448

Product-specific advice (steroid nasal sprays)

Hello Mikalai,

❝ Are there any explicit recommendations or guidelines from EMA about how to establish bio-equivalence for nasal sprays with steroids?

There is nothing specific yet but they are working on it.

❝ More specifically, how can we avoid a therapeutic equivalence study, European approach? Are there any recommendations on Morphologically-Directed Raman Spectroscopy (MDRS) as a substitute for a therapeutic equivalence study? Any references will be appreciated.

You need a scientific advice. There are a ton of companies selling in vitro tests in various flavours and colors and the best I can say of them is that without a scientific advice each and every of those tests may from a regulatory perspective be as good as the south end of a nort-bound horse.

Pass or fail!
ElMaestro
Mikalai
★    

Belarus,
2018-10-17 11:40
(2010 d 15:55 ago)

@ ElMaestro
Posting: # 19459
Views: 2,460

Hello ElMaestro,

❝ You need a scientific advice. There are a ton of companies selling in vitro tests in various flavours and colors and the best I can say of them is that without a scientific advice each and every of those tests may from a regulatory perspective be as good as the south end of a nort-bound horse.

As I mentioned in my early posts, our NCA needs from time to time to rely on more experienced colleagues. As a result, where can we get quick and not very expensive scientific advice from Europe?
ElMaestro
★★★

Denmark,
2018-10-17 13:56
(2010 d 13:39 ago)

@ Mikalai
Posting: # 19460
Views: 2,452

Hello Mikalai,

❝ As I mentioned in my early posts, our NCA needs from time to time to rely on more experienced colleagues. As a result, where can we get quick and not very expensive scientific advice from Europe?

Quick: Sweden
Competent: Sweden, United Kingdom, Germany.
Cheap: Not sure. DK is still at the cheap end, I believe.
Practical (as in, agency acknowledging that perfect dossiers don't exist): Sweden.

All things are relative.:-D

Pass or fail!
ElMaestro
UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,987 posts in 4,824 threads, 1,668 registered users;
78 visitors (0 registered, 78 guests [including 5 identified bots]).
Forum time: 03:35 CEST (Europe/Vienna)

The only way to comprehend what mathematicians mean by Infinity
is to contemplate the extent of human stupidity.    Voltaire

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5