☆    

Canada,
2018-08-02 02:31
(2065 d 09:53 ago)

Posting: # 19125
Views: 2,550

Bioanalysis discontinued subject [Regulatives / Guidelines]

Hello,

Since I've started to work with BE, I've always seen in protocol that bioanalysis was required to be performed for samples of subject discontinued due to AE or emesis, but could be omitted for subjects discontinued for other reasons. I'm looking for the specific guidance (EMA, FDA) related to this requirement. Can someone help ?

Joe
Helmut
★★★
Homepage
Vienna, Austria,
2018-08-02 04:02
(2065 d 08:22 ago)

@ Johanne
Posting: # 19126
Views: 2,433

Bioanalysis discontinued subject

Hi Joe,

I’m not aware of any guidance covering such a case. For my personal opinion see this post. Sometimes volunteers withdraw consent “for personal reasons” not reporting AEs (being afraid that they will not be recruited for another study). The budget of the study covers analysis of all samples – so why not analyze them?

Dif-tor heh smusma 🖖🏼 Довге життя Україна! [image]
Helmut Schütz
[image]

The quality of responses received is directly proportional to the quality of the question asked. 🚮
Science Quotes
ElMaestro
★★★

Denmark,
2018-08-02 13:14
(2064 d 23:11 ago)

@ Johanne
Posting: # 19127
Views: 2,654

Bioanalysis discontinued subject

Hi Johanne,

first of all, from a data perspective I agree with what Helmut said.

However, I recall a case where the authority interpretation of a withdrawn consent was that if a trial subject withdraws her consent, then it implicitly also implies that she withdraws her permission for the CRO to touch the un-analysed samples she has given up until the time of consent retraction. This is of course a matter of interpretation, but actually it also makes sense to me.
When it comes to rights of trial subjects there is no reason to take any chances. In this regard we need to think about ICH E6 §2.3 - rights, safety and well-being before science. Other clauses are in play, too.

Pass or fail!
ElMaestro
UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,957 posts in 4,819 threads, 1,639 registered users;
86 visitors (0 registered, 86 guests [including 4 identified bots]).
Forum time: 11:25 CET (Europe/Vienna)

Nothing shows a lack of mathematical education more
than an overly precise calculation.    Carl Friedrich Gauß

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5