2007-01-05 13:42
(6293 d 03:04 ago)

(edited by HS on 2007-01-06 12:40)
Posting: # 437
Views: 36,247

Hotmail/Live Mail reject e-mails [Tips / Tricks]

Thread locked
Dear all,

Micro$oft recently changed their system of classification of e-mails.
For reasons I was not able to trace yet, e-mails sent by the forum were rejected (classified as junk):
Final-Recipient: rfc822; foo@hotmailcom
Action: failed
Remote-MTA: dns; mxN.hotmail.com [65.54.244.NNN] Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 550 Command rejected for policy reasons.

Affected by this policy are all e-mails send by the forum, i.e.,
  • during registration, and
  • to other members of the forum with a hotmail-account.
Temporary fixes for:
New users
If you have a hotmail-account and do not receive your activation e-mail within 5-10 minutes, the blocking was in operation.
Please register again with another e-mail address.
Registered users
If you want to continue receiving e-mails from other users and/or want to be notified about replies to your posts please change the e-mail address in your profile.
Your name (top right hand corner) > Edit user data > [ Change e-mail address ]

I'm trying to resolve this issue and want to apologise for any inconveniences.

Update 2007-01-06
To be classified by Micro$oft as a spammer was for free, but to be put on a 'Whitelist' costs at least 400$...

Quoting Micro$oft following procedure may help:

Q. I received an e-mail in my Junk E-Mail Folder that wasn't Junk. What can I do?
A. To help prevent messages from specific senders from being evaluated as junk e-mail, you can add the senders to your safelist.

If you're using MSN Hotmail:
  1. Click Options.
  2. On the left side of the page, click Mail, and then click Junk E-Mail Protection.
  3. Click Safe List.
  4. Type a domain (i.e., bebac.at) from which you always want to receive messages, and then click Add.
If you're using Windows Live Mail:
  1. Click Options.
  2. Click Allowed and Blocked Senders under Junk e-mail
  3. Click Allowed senders.
  4. Type a domain (i.e., bebac.at) from which you always want to receive messages, and then click Add to List.
I am not sure whether this procedure resolves the issue, therefore I would still suggest to avoid Hotmail-Accounts for the forum.

Dif-tor heh smusma 🖖🏼 Довге життя Україна! [image]
Helmut Schütz
[image]

The quality of responses received is directly proportional to the quality of the question asked. 🚮
Science Quotes
Helmut
★★★
Homepage
Vienna, Austria,
2007-07-31 17:21
(6086 d 00:25 ago)

@ Helmut
Posting: # 950
Views: 14,334

BEBAC no more blacklisted by M$?

Dear all,

since 2 out the last 15 users registered to the forum through their Hotmail-Accounts – ignoring all warnings from my side :-D – probably Micro$oft has removed BEBAC from their blacklist.

So you may give it a try with your Hotmail/Livemail-Account, but I would still not suggest so, because if the registration fails, you will not only have to use another e-mail account, but also have to choose a new user-name…

PS: Obviously we were not alone. :angry:

Helmut Schütz
[image]

The quality of responses received is directly proportional to the quality of the question asked. 🚮
Science Quotes
Helmut
★★★
Homepage
Vienna, Austria,
2008-01-24 14:04
(5909 d 02:42 ago)

@ Helmut
Posting: # 1553
Views: 28,891

GMX.de rejects e-mails

Dear all,

For reasons I was not able to trace yet, e-mails sent by the forum to gmx.de-accounts were rejected (classified as junk) and bounced back:

<<< 550-5.7.1 {mx---} The recipient does not accept mails from 'chello.at' over foreign mailservers

I have no clue how this rule is applied by GMX, because the forum is not hosted by chello.at...

Affected by this policy are all e-mails send by the forum, i.e.,
  • during registration, and
  • to other members of the forum with a GMX-account.
Temporary fixes for:
New users
If you have a GMX-account and do not receive your activation e-mail within 5-10 minutes, the blocking was in operation.
Please register again with another e-mail address.
Registered users
If you want to continue receiving e-mails from other users and/or want to be notified about replies to your posts please change the e-mail address in your profile.
Your name (top right hand corner) > Edit user data > [ Change e-mail address ]

I want to apologise for any inconveniences.

Helmut Schütz
[image]

Science Quotes
Helmut
★★★
Homepage
Vienna, Austria,
2008-05-26 14:49
(5786 d 02:57 ago)

@ Helmut
Posting: # 1873
Views: 10,694

Hotmail/Live Mail, GMX acceptable for registration

Dear all,

since recently a couple of people with hotmail-accounts, two with GMX.de-accounts and one with a GMX.at-account registered to the forum, and I also received not problem reports – the story of blacklisted e-mails has become history in the end. :ok:

Helmut Schütz
[image]

Science Quotes
UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,957 posts in 4,819 threads, 1,636 registered users;
116 visitors (0 registered, 116 guests [including 10 identified bots]).
Forum time: 16:46 CET (Europe/Vienna)

With four parameters I can fit an elephant,
and with five I can make him wiggle his trunk.    John von Neumann

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5