Mauricio Sampaio
★    

Brazil,
2018-01-08 20:59
(2270 d 15:17 ago)

Posting: # 18150
Views: 4,146

If the reference product does not pass in BCS ?? [Dissolution / BCS / IVIVC]

How can I proceed with a biowaiver if the reference product does not pass in all conditions of dissolution required to BCS?
ElMaestro
★★★

Denmark,
2018-01-09 06:35
(2270 d 05:41 ago)

@ Mauricio Sampaio
Posting: # 18151
Views: 3,607

If the reference product does not pass in BCS ??

Hi MS,

❝ How can I proceed with a biowaiver if the reference product does not pass in all conditions of dissolution required to BCS?

How about Mahalanobis or Bootstrap?

Pass or fail!
ElMaestro
Mauricio Sampaio
★    

Brazil,
2018-01-10 14:52
(2268 d 21:23 ago)

@ ElMaestro
Posting: # 18159
Views: 3,440

Hi El Maestro

❝ How about Mahalanobis or Bootstrap?

I understood that Mahalanobis and Bootstrap help to understand how the distance is not always what it seems. But, how these statistical tools could help me, if the reference product does not meets the minimum dissolution requirements to obtain a biowaiver of the test product?:confused:
Relaxation
★    

Germany,
2018-01-09 17:20
(2269 d 18:56 ago)

@ Mauricio Sampaio
Posting: # 18154
Views: 3,534

Dear Mauricio.

❝ How can I proceed with a biowaiver if the reference product does not pass in all conditions of dissolution required to BCS?

I think we would need to get some more information about the problem.
My guess would be that the reference product does not achieve the pre-set limit of 85% at 15 or 30 minutes, if you say "does not pass"? Could that be right?

Well in that case ... its hard to provide a proper advice. Bad luck due to copy-proof galenics?

But, from my experience it is worthwhile to conduct a kind of root cause analysis. In BCS there should be no solubility issue (:-D), but at first check that a final release of 100% is found.
Then conduct experiments under supervision, which means standing next to the apparatus and watch what happens. Sticking? Coning? Clogged basket? ...
Nowadays rarely anybody attends the dissolution experiments, but if they do sometimes the information is very important.

For example, simple coning may be an issue. Or a capsule being too "resistant".
All this can be documented and, well, you may have a rationale, e.g., for increasing the rotational speed of your dissolution test.

But you will always have to discuss it and provide a convincing statement, so its hard to provide the one solution here.

Best regards,

Steven.
Mauricio Sampaio
★    

Brazil,
2018-01-10 14:59
(2268 d 21:17 ago)

@ Relaxation
Posting: # 18160
Views: 3,474

Dear Steven

❝ My guess would be that the reference product does not achieve the pre-set limit of 85% at 15 or 30 minutes, if you say "does not pass"? Could that be right?

YES!!!!:-D

❝ But you will always have to discuss it and provide a convincing statement, so its hard to provide the one solution here.

Thank you for your comments Steven! I think so that a bioequivalence test in vivo is so close to be requested as a second step!:crying:
UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,957 posts in 4,819 threads, 1,639 registered users;
82 visitors (0 registered, 82 guests [including 8 identified bots]).
Forum time: 12:16 CET (Europe/Vienna)

Nothing shows a lack of mathematical education more
than an overly precise calculation.    Carl Friedrich Gauß

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5