Jordan,
2017-12-21 09:38
(2290 d 06:25 ago)

Posting: # 18071
Views: 4,187

bioanalytical validation runs [Bioanalytics]

Dear freinds
i have a question related to the bioanalytical validation runs:
According to EMA and FDA guidlines, should we include quality control samples in each validation run (matrix effect, Reccovery, stability,,, )?

Edit: Category changed; see also this post #1. [Helmut]
Helmut
★★★
Homepage
Vienna, Austria,
2017-12-21 15:53
(2290 d 00:11 ago)

@ samar sameh
Posting: # 18075
Views: 3,371

QCs in all runs

Hi Samar,

❝ […] should we include quality control samples in each validation run (matrix effect, Reccovery, stability,,, )?

Counter question:

If you would not include QCs in these runs how could you know whether their results are valid?

Dif-tor heh smusma 🖖🏼 Довге життя Україна! [image]
Helmut Schütz
[image]

The quality of responses received is directly proportional to the quality of the question asked. 🚮
Science Quotes
ElMaestro
★★★

Denmark,
2017-12-21 18:30
(2289 d 21:33 ago)

@ samar sameh
Posting: # 18079
Views: 3,446

bioanalytical validation runs

Hi samar sameh,

Matrix effect and recovery can as far as I know be evaluated without the use of a calibration curve and without regulators bashing you. I am thinking there is no harm in injecting the curve, but it isn't particularly informative if the QCs pass on it in those cases. That a run is approved by way of QC's does not necessarily imply that the run is qualified for a type of experiment that does not hinge on analyte divided by internal standard.

For stabilities I think you have often a plain injection of the curve. Hence you inject QC's in such runs.

Pass or fail!
ElMaestro
xtianbadillo
☆    

Mexico,
2018-01-18 16:31
(2261 d 23:32 ago)

@ samar sameh
Posting: # 18213
Views: 3,048

bioanalytical validation runs

Hello Samar:

❝ According to EMA and FDA guidlines, should we include quality control samples in each validation run (matrix effect, Reccovery, stability,,, )?

QCs must be include within study samples but not in each validation run: "An analytical run consists of the blank sample (processed matrix sample without analyte and without IS) and a zero sample (processed matrix with IS), calibration standards at a minimum of 6 concentration levels, at least 3 levels of QC samples (low, medium and high) in duplicate (or at least 5% of the number of study samples, whichever is higher), and study samples to be analysed" EMA Guideline

As Helmut and ElMaestro have said there are validation paramaters that do not requires QCs (selectivity, matrix effects...)
UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,957 posts in 4,819 threads, 1,636 registered users;
115 visitors (0 registered, 115 guests [including 8 identified bots]).
Forum time: 16:04 CET (Europe/Vienna)

With four parameters I can fit an elephant,
and with five I can make him wiggle his trunk.    John von Neumann

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5