★★★

Denmark,
2017-12-16 13:31
(2312 d 20:59 ago)

Posting: # 18064
Views: 3,107

What's the current situation regarding chiral assays? [Bioanalytics]

Hi all,

what is the current regulatory sentiment towards the need for chiral assays?

My impression is, given the EU guideline wording in 4.1.5 and the current practice that I have seen that regulators are not really enforcing the guideline the way it is written but occasionally they just happen to be.
I cannot see a pattern in the practice. If someone asks me when a chiral assay is truly necessary (guideline wording apart) then I will have to draw a blank.

Anyone out there able to describe how the guideline wording translates into assessor practice in plain words?

Many thanks and have a good day.

Pass or fail!
ElMaestro
Helmut
★★★
Homepage
Vienna, Austria,
2017-12-16 14:23
(2312 d 20:08 ago)

@ ElMaestro
Posting: # 18065
Views: 2,630

The “backdoor”

Hi ElMaestro,

❝ what is the current regulatory sentiment towards the need for chiral assays?

Duno. Agree with your other statements. See also this post. At a conference in 2014 another regulator told me that this paragraph is a kind of “loophole”:

“If we don’t like [sic!] the study and find no other reason to reject it, we can use the backdoor…”

Note also that all product-specific guidances published so far don’t recommend a chiral assay.

Dif-tor heh smusma 🖖🏼 Довге життя Україна! [image]
Helmut Schütz
[image]

The quality of responses received is directly proportional to the quality of the question asked. 🚮
Science Quotes
UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,984 posts in 4,822 threads, 1,650 registered users;
47 visitors (0 registered, 47 guests [including 6 identified bots]).
Forum time: 11:31 CEST (Europe/Vienna)

You can’t fix by analysis
what you bungled by design.    Richard J. Light, Judith D. Singer, John B. Willett

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5