★    

US,
2017-10-26 18:12
(2345 d 22:22 ago)

Posting: # 17923
Views: 3,906

Allowed Time gap between Cohorts in a BE study [Design Issues]

Folks:

Are there any limitations on the maximum days allowed between different cohorts (let us say Cohort 1 and Cohort 2) in a Cross over BE study? Needless to say the Bioanalysis and PK work will be carried out after completion of all cohorts.

Thanks a lot for your input

Achieve and Win
Helmut
★★★
Homepage
Vienna, Austria,
2017-10-26 21:08
(2345 d 19:26 ago)

@ Achievwin
Posting: # 17928
Views: 3,449

Allowed Time gap between Cohorts in a BE study

Hi Achievwin,

❝ Are there any limitations on the maximum days allowed between different cohorts (let us say Cohort 1 and Cohort 2) in a Cross over BE study?

Maybe this presentation gives you some ideas. The FDA uses the elastic clause “months apart” to describe a large interval.

❝ Needless to say the Bioanalysis and PK work will be carried out after completion of all cohorts.

Take care that you don’t run into issues with the validated long-term stability. :-D

Dif-tor heh smusma 🖖🏼 Довге життя Україна! [image]
Helmut Schütz
[image]

The quality of responses received is directly proportional to the quality of the question asked. 🚮
Science Quotes
ElMaestro
★★★

Denmark,
2017-10-27 01:01
(2345 d 15:33 ago)

@ Achievwin
Posting: # 17929
Views: 3,253

Allowed Time gap between Cohorts in a BE study

Hi Achievwin,

❝ Are there any limitations on the maximum days allowed between different cohorts (let us say Cohort 1 and Cohort 2) in a Cross over BE study? Needless to say the Bioanalysis and PK work will be carried out after completion of all cohorts.

I agree with Helmut. There is no real limit in my experience.
From a stats point of view it isn't an issue at all. Of course there are a few situations when you wish to avoid seasonal variations between cohorts (rhinitis or asthma patients etc), but you probably have volunteers?

Re. your sentence "Needless to say the Bioanalysis and PK work will be carried out after completion of all cohorts.": I think it is better in practice to analyse samples after each cohort and accumulate the PK-data until the time of stats analysis.

Pass or fail!
ElMaestro
UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,957 posts in 4,819 threads, 1,636 registered users;
113 visitors (0 registered, 113 guests [including 8 identified bots]).
Forum time: 15:34 CET (Europe/Vienna)

With four parameters I can fit an elephant,
and with five I can make him wiggle his trunk.    John von Neumann

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5