Italy,
2017-10-10 18:20
(2381 d 14:58 ago)

Posting: # 17883
Views: 3,542

BA BE Study with a reference not market authorised [Regulatives / Guidelines]

Hello to all.
My question is:

Is it possible to conduct a BE or BA studies without a market authorised product as a reference?

I have a new formulation (NF) of a product (P) that has been demonstrated to be BE to a reference Marketed (RM) product, but it is not authorised. And I want to demonstrate BE of my new formulation (NF) vs the product (P) already BE to the Market authorised (RF).

Is it acceptable from a regulatory point of view?
ElMaestro
★★★

Denmark,
2017-10-10 19:09
(2381 d 14:09 ago)

@ Rick
Posting: # 17884
Views: 2,981

BA BE Study with a reference not market authorised

Hi Rick,

❝ I have a new formulation (NF) of a product (P) that has been demonstrated to be BE to a reference Marketed (RM) product, but it is not authorised. And I want to demonstrate BE of my new formulation (NF) vs the product (P) already BE to the Market authorised (RF).

This is a regular type II variation or a line extension depending on whether P stays on the market after you introduce NF.
If you are not the MA holder for P then the situation is not in any way straightforward. At the end of the day the reference should be an article 8 approved product and judging from your question P might not be?!??. Let us hear some more details, please. Ideally name the RF product :-):-)

Can you elaborate on the passage "(...) it is not authorised": What does "it" refer to, is it P, NF or RM?

Pass or fail!
ElMaestro
Rick
☆    

Italy,
2017-10-11 11:07
(2380 d 22:10 ago)

@ ElMaestro
Posting: # 17886
Views: 2,960

BA BE Study with a reference not market authorised

thank you.

❝ Can you elaborate on the passage "(...) it is not authorised": What does "it" refer to, is it P, NF or RM?

The not authorized is NF (of curse: it is my test) and also P, at the same time RM is not authorized in the country where i want to proceed with my trial.

Edit: Full quote removed. Please delete everything from the text of the original poster which is not necessary in understanding your answer; see also this post #5! [Helmut]
UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,986 posts in 4,823 threads, 1,661 registered users;
67 visitors (1 registered, 66 guests [including 6 identified bots]).
Forum time: 09:18 CEST (Europe/Vienna)

Art is “I”; science is “we”.    Claude Bernard

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5