☆    

Thailand,
2017-09-28 07:20
(2373 d 07:06 ago)

Posting: # 17834
Views: 4,231

Allocate screened volunteers to another BE project [Regulatives / Guidelines]

Hi there,

I have a question that still have noone can give a clear answer.

Thing is..volunteers have passed consent and screening process for a particular project, let's say project A but this project has cancelled later because the client cannot provide the test and reference products on time before start dosing. The plan will be delay more than a month.

Question is.. Can we allocate these screened volunteers to another project Project B with re-consent process? Is there regulation for this?

Thanks a million!

TK
ElMaestro
★★★

Denmark,
2017-09-28 10:55
(2373 d 03:32 ago)

@ TK
Posting: # 17836
Views: 3,589

Allocate screened volunteers to another BE project

Hi TK,

❝ Question is.. Can we allocate these screened volunteers to another project Project B with re-consent process? Is there regulation for this?

In my opinion this should be fully OK with a re-consent, assuming the in-ex criteria are the same. I do not know of any guidance that addresses this situation specifically, but of course there could be local regs in place which I don't know about.

I believe your way forward is even the ethical one as you will need less "total screening" and needlepricks and pain and fuss. There is as I see it no particular added risk to the subjects, the change in orientation does not per se affect their rights or the expected outcome. A perspective: In other countries they make extensive use of screening IC+study IC. That means they have a bunch of volunteers who are screened, and whose screening status is valid for a month or more, and can be ad-hoc allocated to studies as appropriate.

So, I'd say go ahead.

The Sponsor on the other hand, has a little issue that could appropriately be addressed with some RCA and CAPA work, perhaps.

Pass or fail!
ElMaestro
TK
☆    

Thailand,
2017-09-29 08:32
(2372 d 05:55 ago)

(edited by Ohlbe on 2017-09-29 10:18)
@ ElMaestro
Posting: # 17838
Views: 3,501

Allocate screened volunteers to another BE project

Dear ElMaestro,

Thank you so much for your answer. I will discuss with my team and further ask Thai regulatory authorities.

TK

Edit: Full quote removed. Please delete everything from the text of the original poster which is not necessary in understanding your answer; see also this post! [Ohlbe]
UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,957 posts in 4,819 threads, 1,639 registered users;
102 visitors (0 registered, 102 guests [including 5 identified bots]).
Forum time: 13:27 CET (Europe/Vienna)

Nothing shows a lack of mathematical education more
than an overly precise calculation.    Carl Friedrich Gauß

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5