★    

Egypt,
2017-07-30 00:10
(2433 d 22:32 ago)

Posting: # 17626
Views: 5,573

Confidence Interval For Tmax [Nonparametrics]

Dear All,

I want to know whether we can use transformed data on Tmax to check for CI?. AS it was stated previously that if we will take Tmax into statistical considerations we will take untransformed tmax not transformed ones.

Edit: Category changed; see also this post #1. [Helmut]
ElMaestro
★★★

Denmark,
2017-07-30 01:30
(2433 d 21:13 ago)

@ Mohamed Yehia
Posting: # 17628
Views: 4,722

Confidence Interval For Tmax

Hi M.Y.,

❝ I want to know whether we can use transformed data on Tmax to check for CI?. AS it was stated previously that if we will take Tmax into statistical considerations we will take untransformed tmax not transformed ones.

CI's on Tmax are not much in use anymore. Don't bother.
I mainly see them popping up nowadays when applicants find themselves in desperate situations with deficiency letters and imminent rejection fears. That's when they try to generate all sorts of supportive funky BE results (which were never stipulated in any protocol or SAP) in the hope that quantity of tests outweighs the quality of a few well-chosen tests. :-):-):-)

Pass or fail!
ElMaestro
Mohamed Yehia
★    

Egypt,
2017-07-30 01:38
(2433 d 21:05 ago)

@ ElMaestro
Posting: # 17629
Views: 4,762

❝ CI's on Tmax are not much in use anymore. Don't bother.

Hi Elmaestro,

Yes, I know that. However, I found a SAS report that generate a Non parametric analysis test on Ln transformed Tmax; thats why I am wondering is that accepted or not.

Edit: Full quote removed. Please delete everything from the text of the original poster which is not necessary in understanding your answer; see also this post #5! [Helmut]
Helmut
★★★
Homepage
Vienna, Austria,
2017-07-30 16:41
(2433 d 06:01 ago)

@ Mohamed Yehia
Posting: # 17630
Views: 4,796

Hi Mohamed,

first of all, please read this post and follow the forum’s policy (you confirmed with the registration that you have read and accepted it)! I had to edit all of your posts… :-(

❝ […] However, I found a SAS report that generate a Non parametric analysis test on Ln transformed Tmax;

tmax comes from an ordinal scale and therefore, follows a discrete distribution (dependent on the sampling schedule). Hence, a nonparametric analysis is correct in principle. However, transformations are only allowed for data coming from a ratio scale (continuous with a true zero point).
Therefore, the report you found is crap. SAS is a fine piece of software but only as good as the user. This one probably was not qualified for his/her job.

Common language will give you a hint whether an additive model (raw data) or a multiplicative model (log-transformed data) should be used. Every time you say “X is Y% of Z” or “X is Y% lower than Z” you should apply a log-transformation (e.g., Cmax). If you say “the difference of X to Z is Y” you should use the raw data (e.g., tmax).

Dif-tor heh smusma 🖖🏼 Довге життя Україна! [image]
Helmut Schütz
[image]

The quality of responses received is directly proportional to the quality of the question asked. 🚮
Science Quotes
UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,957 posts in 4,819 threads, 1,636 registered users;
85 visitors (0 registered, 85 guests [including 8 identified bots]).
Forum time: 21:43 CET (Europe/Vienna)

Nothing shows a lack of mathematical education more
than an overly precise calculation.    Carl Friedrich Gauß

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5