Ben
★    

2017-03-13 19:55
(2571 d 21:41 ago)

Posting: # 17150
Views: 2,640

Bayesian BE Assessment [Study As­sess­ment]

Dear All,

In times where Bayesian techniques come more often I was wondering about BE trials and therefore my question: Has anyone of you evaluated a BE trial using Bayesian techniques? I guess in a confirmatory setting the answer of our regulators is clear: not acceptable. Or not? Ok, maybe as a secondary analysis. What was the feedback from the agency? What kind of prior did you use? (interesting would of course be a case which is not non-informative like in [1, Section 5.9])

Experiences or ideas are much appreciated.

Thanks,
Ben.

[1] Patterson, Jones. Bioequivalence and Statistics in Clinical Pharmacology. Chapman & Hall/CRC, Boca Raton 2006.
DavidManteigas
★    

Portugal,
2017-03-14 12:45
(2571 d 04:51 ago)

@ Ben
Posting: # 17153
Views: 2,116

Bayesian BE Assessment

Hi Ben,

If current frequentist methods for studies where bayesian analysis may fit (two-stage) are full of controversies in the regulators point of view, I can't even imagine if you introduce bayesian methods to them in those cases :-D

I'm not a frequentist phanatic. I believe both approaches are valid depending on the problems and study designs under consideration. Regarding bioequivalence however, I don't see how bayesian inference may add any value. The same is not true for therapeutic equivalence studies (biosimilars), where I believe bayesian methods would be very advantageous since you already "have" prior "information" regarding treatments.

Regards,
David
UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,957 posts in 4,819 threads, 1,638 registered users;
90 visitors (0 registered, 90 guests [including 7 identified bots]).
Forum time: 17:37 CET (Europe/Vienna)

Nothing shows a lack of mathematical education more
than an overly precise calculation.    Carl Friedrich Gauß

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5