irene
☆    

Greece,
2017-02-13 08:58
(2600 d 14:44 ago)

Posting: # 17053
Views: 3,555

Justification for the lack of incurred sample reanalysis [Regulatives / Guidelines]

Hello,

in the EMA's "Questions & Answers: positions on specific questions addressed to the Pharmacokinetics Working Party (PKWP)" it states the lack of incurred sample reanalysis data for a bioequivalence study can be justified. One of the points that should be adreessed is
  • 90% confidence interval:
    As one element of such justification, if applicable, the applicant could also take into consideration the width of the 90% confidence interval and the ratio to possibly justify that a false positive outcome due to ISR problems has a low probability.
I would like to ask if someone has ever provided these data and how the probability of a false positive outcome can be calculated. I was thinking of using simulations but it is not clear which parameters should I vary and which distributions to use (i.e. mean and sd).

Thank you in advance,

Irene
Dr_Dan
★★  

Germany,
2017-02-14 18:20
(2599 d 05:23 ago)

@ irene
Posting: # 17058
Views: 2,901

Justification for the lack of incurred sample reanalysis

Dear Irene
Please search the forum and you will find a lot of discussion on ISR. The guideline put an expiry date on old studies. If you now submit a study without ISR then this study does not reflect current scientific knowledge and will be certainly rejected. IMHO you can not argue the absence of ISR with 90% confidence interval even if the study result is not borderline.

Kind regards and have a nice day
Dr_Dan
irene
☆    

Greece,
2017-02-15 08:56
(2598 d 14:46 ago)

@ Dr_Dan
Posting: # 17059
Views: 2,826

Justification for the lack of incurred sample reanalysis

Dear Dr_Dan,

thank you for your answer.

Yes, the study is old, conducted in 2007, but the submission regards a RUP, and I was wondering whether the study can be accepted even though ISR is missing.

Kind regards,
Irene
UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,957 posts in 4,819 threads, 1,636 registered users;
79 visitors (0 registered, 79 guests [including 10 identified bots]).
Forum time: 23:43 CET (Europe/Vienna)

Nothing shows a lack of mathematical education more
than an overly precise calculation.    Carl Friedrich Gauß

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5