Jordan,
2017-01-15 09:56
(2629 d 10:09 ago)

@ Maryam
Posting: # 16947
Views: 9,417

SAS

Dear Sir

For BE studies do not use the t-test paired data.if you need any results in BE study please send me your data in the following email

mahmohsen111[image]yahoo.com

Edit: Full quote removed. Please delete everything from the text of the original poster which is not necessary in understanding your answer; see also this post #5! I activated the e-mail link in your profile. [Helmut]
Helmut
★★★
Homepage
Vienna, Austria,
2017-01-15 13:16
(2629 d 06:49 ago)

@ Mahmoud
Posting: # 16948
Views: 9,494

Paired vs. crossover

Salam Mahmoud,

❝ Dear Sir

I assume that Maryam is not a Sir. ;-)

❝ For BE studies do not use the t-test paired data.

We don’t know the design of Maryam’s study. What if it was not a crossover? Examples where a paired t-test would be correct indeed:
  • Assessment of linear PK. Single dose followed by steady state and AUC0–τ vs. AUC0–∞.
  • 4-period food-effect design where periods 1&2 fed and periods 3&4 fasting. Crossover in fed and fasting state but assessment of the food effect of T and R by a paired t-test (assuming no period effects).
@Maryam: What is the structure of you data? I don’t speak SAS but which error did you get?

Dif-tor heh smusma 🖖🏼 Довге життя Україна! [image]
Helmut Schütz
[image]

The quality of responses received is directly proportional to the quality of the question asked. 🚮
Science Quotes
Maryam
☆    

Iran,
2017-01-15 17:44
(2629 d 02:21 ago)

@ Helmut
Posting: # 16951
Views: 9,236

Paired vs. crossover

❝ We don’t know the design of Maryam’s study.

❝ @Maryam: What is the structure of you data? I don’t speak SAS but which error did you get?

Hi sir
Maryam is not a sir :ok:

thanks for your answer,
my structure is a crossover study! actually I want to calculate 90% CI for BE parameters of test/reference! and I want to evaluate the effect of period, sequence, subject and treatment!

I know how calculate these by formulations but I need a software to calculate these! would you please to guide me in this problem?

thanks

Edit: Full quote removed. Please delete everything from the text of the original poster which is not necessary in understanding your answer; see also this post #5! [Helmut]
DavidManteigas
★    

Portugal,
2017-01-17 16:35
(2627 d 03:30 ago)

@ Maryam
Posting: # 16967
Views: 9,191

Paired vs. crossover

@Maryam

For a 2x2 cross-over, the following code will get you everything you need (ods outputs LSMeandiffCL, LSMeans, AltErrTests and OverallANOVA)

proc glm data=replicate;
class formulation subject period sequence;
model logDATA= sequence subject (sequence) period formulation;
estimate "test-ref" formulation -1+1;
test h=sequence e=subject(sequence);
lsmeans formulation / adjust=t pdiff=control("R") CL alpha=0.10;
run;

Formulation and Period p values come from OverallAnova, while sequence p value from AltErrTests.

This code in principle will fit both EMA and FDA requirements for a 2x2 design. Although FDA requests subject within sequence as random effect, this will not change the result.
Helmut
★★★
Homepage
Vienna, Austria,
2017-01-18 13:57
(2626 d 06:08 ago)

@ DavidManteigas
Posting: # 16972
Views: 8,937

Picky

Hi David,

proc glm data=replicate;

<nitpicking>

Why are you calling a data set of a 2×2 crossover replicate? Of course you can baptize it as you like but “replicate” might confuse newbies.

</nitpicking>

lsmeans formulation / adjust=t pdiff=control("R") CL alpha=0.10;

I would remove adjust=t. There is nothing to adjust in a 2×2 crossover. See this thread.

Dif-tor heh smusma 🖖🏼 Довге життя Україна! [image]
Helmut Schütz
[image]

The quality of responses received is directly proportional to the quality of the question asked. 🚮
Science Quotes
DavidManteigas
★    

Portugal,
2017-01-27 16:03
(2617 d 04:02 ago)

@ Helmut
Posting: # 16996
Views: 8,302

Picky

Hi Helmut,

The reason for "Replicate" as the dataset name is because I took the code from the EMA Q&A Guideline and adapted it - but forgot to remove the misleading name :-D

I agree with you regarding the adjusment question. Nevertheless, as far as I understand the parameter does nothing if you leave it on the code.
Maryam
☆    

Iran,
2017-01-15 17:31
(2629 d 02:34 ago)

@ Mahmoud
Posting: # 16950
Views: 9,296

SAS

❝ For BE studies do not use the t-test paired data.

Hi sir
thanks for your answer.
your are right! t-test paired does not use for BE studies. By SAS and ttest I want to calculate 90% CI for pharmacokinetics parameters of test/reference.
would you please to help me to calculate 90% CI for pharmacokinetics parameters of test/reference by any softwares? can I use this calculation by SPSS?

thanks

Edit: Full quote removed. Please delete everything from the text of the original poster which is not necessary in understanding your answer; see also this post #5! [Helmut]
Mahmoud
★    

Jordan,
2017-01-15 15:36
(2629 d 04:29 ago)

@ Maryam
Posting: # 16949
Views: 9,261

SAS

❝ I want to run this procedure in sas9.1:

proc ttest data=auc dist=lognormal tost(0.8, 1.25);

paired TestAUC*RefAUC;

run;

Dear all
=====
For the codes above you need to use SAS 9.3

Mahmoud Ph.D

Maryam
☆    

Iran,
2017-01-15 17:50
(2629 d 02:15 ago)

@ Mahmoud
Posting: # 16952
Views: 9,236

SAS

❝ For the codes above you need to use SAS 9.3

Hi sir
thanks for your answer,
Do you know how I can correct these codes for SAS 9.1? because I have only SAS 9.1!
thanks

Mahmoud
★    

Jordan,
2017-01-16 11:08
(2628 d 08:57 ago)

@ Maryam
Posting: # 16954
Views: 9,268

SAS

Dear Dr
Please let me know what is the design for your data

Edit: Full quote removed. Please delete everything from the text of the original poster which is not necessary in understanding your answer; see also this post #5!
Since you repeatedly did not follow the Policy, this is the first warning. [Helmut]
UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,957 posts in 4,819 threads, 1,636 registered users;
89 visitors (0 registered, 89 guests [including 10 identified bots]).
Forum time: 20:06 CET (Europe/Vienna)

Nothing shows a lack of mathematical education more
than an overly precise calculation.    Carl Friedrich Gauß

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5