☆    

India,
2016-12-02 13:29
(2691 d 16:23 ago)

Posting: # 16826
Views: 2,985

PK sample time points [Regulatives / Guidelines]

Dear All,

As per Guidelines for Bioavailability and Bioequivalence Studies issued by CDSCO-India, intervals between sampling time points used to calculate the terminal elimination rate constant should not be longer than the half life of the study drug. Any reason behind this??

Regards,
Naren
javier
☆    

Spain,
2016-12-02 14:11
(2691 d 15:40 ago)

@ Naren
Posting: # 16827
Views: 2,558

PK sample time points

❝ Dear All,

❝ As per Guidelines for Bioavailability and Bioequivalence Studies issued by CDSCO-India, intervals between sampling time points used to calculate the terminal elimination rate constant should not be longer than the half life of the study drug. Any reason behind this??

❝ Regards,

❝ Naren

Hi Naren its a very good question, i think its linked with guidelines recommendation (im speaking by memory) in my opinion its necessary 3 half-lives to calculate the overall pk sampling time because you want to include at least 80% of the AUC, but again, i have to look it in the guidelines (one more task for this friday)

Maybe some seniors members can add some experience in this matter

best regards

Javier
Yura
★    

Belarus,
2016-12-03 10:49
(2690 d 19:02 ago)

@ javier
Posting: # 16828
Views: 2,505

PK sample time points

Dear All,
I use for calculation of elimination coefficient not less than three non-zero meanings of a concentration. Its very interesting for me why "the terminal elimination rate constant should not be longer than the half life of the study drug"? Give me links, please.
UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,984 posts in 4,822 threads, 1,651 registered users;
52 visitors (0 registered, 52 guests [including 6 identified bots]).
Forum time: 06:52 CEST (Europe/Vienna)

You can’t fix by analysis
what you bungled by design.    Richard J. Light, Judith D. Singer, John B. Willett

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5