Mauricio Sampaio
★    

Brazil,
2016-06-29 08:47
(2850 d 06:31 ago)

Posting: # 16459
Views: 5,594

Strategies to establish the BE changing the physiological behavior [Study Per­for­mance]

Dear members...

According draft guidance on hydrocortisone (Nonbinding Recommendations on Hydrocortisone) FDA recommends a 4 mg dose of dexamethasone administered 10 hours prior to drug administration as a pre-treatment to lower endogenous hydrocortisone levels. This procedure in bioequivalence studies is normal? Can I change the phisiological behavior to measure a principal analyte in appropriate biological fluid and determine the bioequivalence between two formulations?

Can I extrapolate this idea, in bioequivalence studies, to reduce the first pass effect using the vasodilator medicines* before the administration of drugs which are highly metabolized? To have a chance to mensure the parent compound (not metabolized) and to establish the bioequivalence result ?

* The use of vasodilator medicines increase the splenic blood flow and reduce the first pass effect
Dr_Dan
★★  

Germany,
2016-06-29 20:01
(2849 d 19:17 ago)

@ Mauricio Sampaio
Posting: # 16460
Views: 4,160

Strategies to establish the BE changing the physiological behavior

Dear Mauricio
If you regard a BE Study as an in-vivo quality test to detect supposed differences in formulations (and which needs not to reflect clinical practice) then I think it should be possible to change the phisiological behavior to measure a principal analyte in appropriate biological fluid and compare the bioavailabilities of two formulations. As long as the BE studies is designed in such way that the formulation effect can be distinguished from other effects it should work.
I hope this helps

Kind regards and have a nice day
Dr_Dan
UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,986 posts in 4,823 threads, 1,664 registered users;
73 visitors (0 registered, 73 guests [including 3 identified bots]).
Forum time: 15:18 CEST (Europe/Vienna)

Art is “I”; science is “we”.    Claude Bernard

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5