☆    

Armenia,
2016-02-05 10:41
(2975 d 03:48 ago)

Posting: # 15930
Views: 5,707

Orodispersable tablets [Regulatives / Guidelines]

Hi Colleagues,
Could you please give me advise about orodispersable tablets (ODS)? May an in vivo bioequivalence study demonstrate the bioequivalence of ODT to a film-coated tablet? Could you indicate me a guideline regulating this aspect?
Thank you in advance!
ElMaestro
★★★

Denmark,
2016-02-05 13:33
(2975 d 00:56 ago)

@ drvahe
Posting: # 15931
Views: 4,884

Orodispersable tablets

Hello drvahe,

❝ Could you please give me advise about orodispersable tablets (ODS)? May an in vivo bioequivalence study demonstrate the bioequivalence of ODT to a film-coated tablet? Could you indicate me a guideline regulating this aspect?

EMA's BE guideline from 2010, section 1.2:
"(...) the various immediate-release oral pharmaceutical forms shall be considered to be one and the same pharmaceutical form."

Have a good weekend.

Pass or fail!
ElMaestro
drvahe
☆    

Armenia,
2016-02-05 14:17
(2975 d 00:12 ago)

@ ElMaestro
Posting: # 15932
Views: 4,817

Orodispersable tablets

Hi ELMaestro,
Thank you for your kind response! But I'm still wondering, can we consider ODT as immediate-release oral pharmaceutical form, such as tablets, capsules and oral suspensions.
ElMaestro
★★★

Denmark,
2016-02-05 14:46
(2974 d 23:44 ago)

@ drvahe
Posting: # 15933
Views: 4,830

Orodispersable tablets

Hi,

❝ Thank you for your kind response! But I'm still wondering, can we consider ODT as immediate-release oral pharmaceutical form, such as tablets, capsules and oral suspensions.

Usually yes. ODT's should not be mistaken with resoriblets. As long as there is no buccal abs. it should not be a problem. Let's hear what API we're talking about.

Pass or fail!
ElMaestro
drvahe
☆    

Armenia,
2016-03-10 12:56
(2941 d 01:34 ago)

@ ElMaestro
Posting: # 16086
Views: 3,628

Orodispersable tablets

Hi,

Its about tadalafil and sildenafil
mittyri
★★  

Russia,
2016-02-16 01:08
(2964 d 13:21 ago)

@ drvahe
Posting: # 15992
Views: 4,707

BEQ Guideline in EAUnion

Dear Drvahe, dear all,

❝ Could you please give me advise about orodispersable tablets (ODS)? May an in vivo bioequivalence study demonstrate the bioequivalence of ODT to a film-coated tablet? Could you indicate me a guideline regulating this aspect?

As you probably know, Armenia is on the joining way into the Eurasian Economic Union (Armenia+Belarus+Kazakhstan+Russia+Kyrgyzstan).
The rules of medicines circulation will come into the force very soon.
So the BEQ guideline is published (I found only russian version, if somebody can share the english version, it would be great!)
The answer to your question you can find on the pdf pages 62-64.

I google-translated it for English-speakers (sentences are merged with a special program), but cannot upload this format (pdf) here. Maybe mighty Administrator can help me.

Some notes:
This guideline is another translation of EMA BEQ guideline ("to improve Russian redbook?? Oh no, we can translate it once again with new tricks and traps!")
By the way some parts are captured from WHO BEQ guideline.
Yes, now we can use waiver for some BCS classes as in EU!
No, we don't know how to deal with modified release drugs... Just do some study and submit it. Maybe it's enough, but we cannot say for sure.
Yes, Tmax is very important PK parameter. If you are'nt sure about clinical significance, please do some unparametric comparison, please.
Two groups? 2 sites??? We cannot be sure about your nitpicked results! Please add the group factor and discuss it with us, we should think about this issue later.
As you see we love innovations: "As fluid intake may influence gastric passage for oral administration forms, the test and reference products should be administered with a standardised volume of fluid (150-250 ml). It is recommended that water is allowed as desired except for one hour before and two hours after drug administration...":-D

Kind regards,
Mittyri
Helmut
★★★
Homepage
Vienna, Austria,
2016-02-16 15:06
(2963 d 23:24 ago)

@ mittyri
Posting: # 15996
Views: 4,538

BEQ Guideline in EAUnion

Hi Mittyri,

❝ I google-translated it for English-speakers (sentences are merged with a special program), but cannot upload this format (pdf) here. Maybe mighty Administrator can help me.

Can you send me a copy?

❝ Yes, Tmax is very important PK parameter. If you are'nt sure about clinical significance, please do some unparametric comparison, please.

I like that.

BTW: Two-Stage Designs, reference-scaling for HVDs/HVDPs!

Dif-tor heh smusma 🖖🏼 Довге життя Україна! [image]
Helmut Schütz
[image]

The quality of responses received is directly proportional to the quality of the question asked. 🚮
Science Quotes
mittyri
★★  

Russia,
2016-02-16 22:40
(2963 d 15:50 ago)

@ Helmut
Posting: # 16001
Views: 4,530

BEQ Guideline in EAUnion

Hi Helmut,

❝ Can you send me a copy?

You have Mehl in der Mehlkiste.

❝ BTW: Two-Stage Designs, reference-scaling for HVDs/HVDPs!

I didn't mention it because these chapters were already in the 'Redbook'. Just another translation.

Kind regards,
Mittyri
drvahe
☆    

Armenia,
2016-02-23 10:03
(2957 d 04:26 ago)

@ mittyri
Posting: # 16020
Views: 4,253

BEQ Guideline in EAUnion

Dear mittyri,
Thank you for your kind detailed reply. I found all I need in your references.
Best wishes!!!
UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,957 posts in 4,819 threads, 1,636 registered users;
109 visitors (0 registered, 109 guests [including 9 identified bots]).
Forum time: 14:30 CET (Europe/Vienna)

With four parameters I can fit an elephant,
and with five I can make him wiggle his trunk.    John von Neumann

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5