Homepage
Vienna, Austria,
2013-11-21 17:45
(3780 d 18:20 ago)

Posting: # 11938
Views: 12,651

Documents in the Internet Archive [Tips / Tricks]

Dear all,

sometimes one needs a previous version of a document which is no more available on agency’s websites. Why don’t they have the version control / audit trail they require from us?

Example: A BE study on alendronate was performed in August 2008 according to FDA’s draft guidance (January 2008). Due to improvements in bioanalytical technology in the October 2011’s revision FDA requires plasma data instead of urine. The study was submitted to Oman’s authority which required a copy of the old guidance before accepting the study. Procedure:Problems:
  • FDA redesigned their website in 2009. Now all guidances start with “ucm” followed by a six-digit number. Before mid-2009 it was a four-digit number followed by “dft” or “fnl”. You can only search the internet-archive for a URL, not the document’s contents. In other words, if you don’t know the old URL, you will not find it – although it might exist.
  • If a site / directory has a low number of visits or backlinks, the Alexa crawler will visit it with a low frequency and miss intermediate revisions. Therefore, only three previous versions of EMA’s Q&A-document are archived. Furthermore, the archive has a back-lag of 6–24 months.
  • The site’s owner might decide to prevent archiving. This works even retrospectively. If
      User-agent: ia_archiver
      Disallow: /

is added to the site’s robots.txt, the site will not be crawled any more and previous versions will be removed from the archive. Bad luck.

Dif-tor heh smusma 🖖🏼 Довге життя Україна! [image]
Helmut Schütz
[image]

The quality of responses received is directly proportional to the quality of the question asked. 🚮
Science Quotes
Mahesh M
★    

India,
2015-12-24 14:37
(3017 d 21:28 ago)

@ Helmut
Posting: # 15765
Views: 8,298

Documents in the Internet Archive

Dear Helmut,

Thank you so much for sharing the information.

I am not able to find out the mometasone nasal spray previous FDA guidance.

Please enlighten me.

Regards

I am soory its first time published.

Regards

Edit: Merged with a later/deleted post. You can edit your post for 24 hours. See FAQ #3. [Helmut]
UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,957 posts in 4,819 threads, 1,636 registered users;
123 visitors (0 registered, 123 guests [including 11 identified bots]).
Forum time: 12:06 CET (Europe/Vienna)

With four parameters I can fit an elephant,
and with five I can make him wiggle his trunk.    John von Neumann

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5