Homepage
Kaohsiung, Taiwan,
2015-08-27 01:13
(3158 d 21:32 ago)

Posting: # 15346
Views: 9,063

release of bear v2.6.6 [🇷 for BE/BA]

Dear all,

I just put the new release of bear v2.6.6 for windows OS to download site. You can install it from "local zip file." I will add files for other platforms later. Some minor fixes include
  1. simplified setting schemes. There is no more separated plot setting (x-axis & y-axis);
  2. forced 'dose' input as the unit of mg now.The calculated dose will be converted based on drug plasma/serum conc. unit (mcg/mL, ng/mL or pg/mL). The default setting is ng/mL.
  3. added "is a metabolite (the analyte)?" as a new setting item. The default is 'no'. If 'yes', then Vd/F and Cl/F will be not calculated and will be assigned 'NaN'(not a number?) to it. The volume term will be always as the unit of mL.
  4. added selected drug plasma/serum conc. unit into y-axis; so it does not require to include conc. unit for y-axis. For instance: drug x plasma conc. will be fine. In the plot, the y-axis will display as drug x plasma conc. (ng/mL)
BTW, I got e-mail announcement from Wuala cloud service said that they will terminate their services on November 2015. Before that, Wuala should still work normally. So I am looking for another site to keep all files (considering Google Drive/copy/dropbox/MEGA). Please check my signature panel for the most updated download site, if you cannot find the download site any more in the future. Very sorry about this.

All the best,
-- Yung-jin Lee
bear v2.9.1:- created by Hsin-ya Lee & Yung-jin Lee
Kaohsiung, Taiwan https://www.pkpd168.com/bear
Download link (updated) -> here
BE-proff
●    

2015-08-31 11:40
(3154 d 11:05 ago)

@ yjlee168
Posting: # 15367
Views: 7,515

release of bear v2.6.6

Dear yjlee168,

Certainly my question may seem to be stupid but nevertheless I'd like to ask it :-)
Why did you decide to use R to develop Bear while there are other areas like MS Excel, Visual Studio with different sets of languages, etc.? :confused:
yjlee168
★★★
Homepage
Kaohsiung, Taiwan,
2015-08-31 14:32
(3154 d 08:13 ago)

@ BE-proff
Posting: # 15368
Views: 7,625

R is a really great and free software environment

Dear BE-proff,

To be honest, your question is not stupid at all and very sorry to confuse you a little bit. R is a great and free software environment for statistical computing and graphics. That should explain why we choose R. I guess your question is why bear cannot support various languages like commercial computer program do. It is because there is only one person (i.e., me) to maintain it. Unlike companies of commercial computer program, I cannot provide the support of various languages for now (maybe forever). But don't get disappointed so quickly. Since all R packages are under GPL, users can download all source codes and change the language they prefer to fit their need before using it. It should be do-able. R itself does provide the support for various languages, but it is just user's interface.

❝ Why did you decide to use R to develop Bear while there are other areas like MS Excel, Visual Studio with different sets of languages, etc.? :confused:

All the best,
-- Yung-jin Lee
yjlee168
★★★
Homepage
Kaohsiung, Taiwan,
2015-09-08 13:38
(3146 d 09:07 ago)

@ BE-proff
Posting: # 15385
Views: 7,107

bear to support different languages?

Dear BE-proff,

I have been thinking what you talked about if bear can support various languages. I did a little test and I got

txt17<-"這是中文\n"
txt18<-"这是中文\n"
txt19<-"これは、日本で\n"
txt20<-"это русский\n"
txt21<-"esto es español\n"
txt22<-"dies ist Deutsch\n"
txt23<-"this is English\n"
cat(txt17)
這是中文
cat(txt18)
这是中文
cat(txt19)
これは、日本で
cat(txt20)
это русский
cat(txt21)
esto es espanol
cat(txt22)
dies ist Deutsch
cat(txt23)
this is English

Looks fine. I don't know if these will cause any compile error or not. If it is fine, then I will start adding some languages support first. Ps. The display of Spanish looks like not exactly same as input text.

All the best,
-- Yung-jin Lee
Helmut
★★★
Homepage
Vienna, Austria,
2015-09-08 17:02
(3146 d 05:42 ago)

@ yjlee168
Posting: # 15386
Views: 7,024

UTF8

Hi Yung-jin,

txt21<-"esto es español\n"

cat(txt21)

esto es espanol

❝ Ps. The display of Spanish looks like not exactly same as input text.

On my system (Win7 64bit, German locale, R 3.2.2, font in /etc/Rconsole: Lucida Console) it’s fine:

cat(txt21)
esto es español

As a last resort one can always fall back to Unicode (see his old document). Try:

utf8 <- "esto es espa\u00f1ol\n"
cat(utf8)
esto es español

Whether or not a character can be displayed depends on the locale, the chosen font (and even on its version). Try:

start <- 33
end   <- 62276
dec.code <- start:end
hex.code <- sprintf("\\u%s", format(as.hexmode(dec.code), width=4))
m <- gregexpr("\\\\u[0-9A-Fa-f]{4}", hex.code)
regmatches(hex.code, m) <- lapply(
  lapply(regmatches(hex.code, m), substr, 3, 7), function(x)
  intToUtf8(as.integer(as.hexmode(x)), multiple=TRUE))
noquote(hex.code[1:2000])

Combining characters should be avoided if ever possible since they are available only in more recent versions of fonts. Try:

med.symbol <- "x\u0303\n"
cat(med.symbol)

Whiches gives a pretty on Vista+, but x~ on ≤XP…

Dif-tor heh smusma 🖖🏼 Довге життя Україна! [image]
Helmut Schütz
[image]

The quality of responses received is directly proportional to the quality of the question asked. 🚮
Science Quotes
yjlee168
★★★
Homepage
Kaohsiung, Taiwan,
2015-09-08 20:48
(3146 d 01:57 ago)

@ Helmut
Posting: # 15387
Views: 7,049

UTF8

Dear Helmut,

Nice to hear from you again :ok: and thank you so much for your replied messages.

❝ On my system (Win7 64bit, German locale, R 3.2.2, font in /etc/Rconsole: Lucida Console) it's fine:

cat(txt21)

No, not fine for me (Win7 x64). Still the same, even though I set the same font as yours (Lucida Console). But it is fine on Linux-pc x86 (US locale) and x64 (Taiwan locale), as well as iMac OS X (snow leopard, v10.8). You are right. It sounds like the problem of locale setting. Users have their own locale setting. I should get used to it on my pc.

utf8 <- "esto es espa\u00f1ol\n"

❝ cat(utf8)

This one is fine without changing font.

med.symbol <- "x\u0303\n"

❝ cat(med.symbol)

Whiches gives a pretty

on Vista+, but x~ on ≤XP…

This one is not fine either. See nothing (blank) on screen. However, on Linux-pc x86/x64, it looks like XP's. Forget to test this one on iMac OS X.

All the best,
-- Yung-jin Lee
yjlee168
★★★
Homepage
Kaohsiung, Taiwan,
2015-09-08 21:51
(3146 d 00:53 ago)

@ yjlee168
Posting: # 15389
Views: 7,084

compiled errors

Dear all,

No, I got compiled error message as
Error in parse(outFile) : invalid multibyte character in parser at line 40
ERROR: unable to collate and parse R files for package 'bear'...

with Chinese (BIG-5 code), Greek, Japanese, and Russian.

Helmut just pointed an R document link and it mentioned that ... Localization of messages- As from 2005-01-25, R uses GNU gettext where available. So far only the start-up message is marked for translation, as a proof-of-concept: there are several thousand C-level messages that could potentially be translated. The same  mechanism could be applied to R packages, provided they call dgettext with a PACKAGE specific to the package, and install their own PACKAGE.mo files, say via an inst/po directory. The splines package was been converted to show how this might be done: it only has one error message... I will see what I can do about it.

❝ ...I don't know if these will cause any compile error or not....

All the best,
-- Yung-jin Lee
UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,988 posts in 4,825 threads, 1,661 registered users;
90 visitors (0 registered, 90 guests [including 6 identified bots]).
Forum time: 22:45 CEST (Europe/Vienna)

The only way to comprehend what mathematicians mean by Infinity
is to contemplate the extent of human stupidity.    Voltaire

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5