Mauricio Sampaio
★    

Brazil,
2015-07-07 08:16
(3210 d 01:58 ago)

Posting: # 15046
Views: 2,595

The quantification of vitamins to determine bio­equi­valence [Regulatives / Guidelines]

Hi everyone!

Three studies compared diclofenac with the addition of B vitamins for low back pain.
  1. Kuhlwein A, Meyer HJ, Koehler CO. Reduced diclofenac administration by B vitamins: results of a randomized double-blind study with reduced daily doses of diclofenac (75 mg diclofenac versus 75 mg diclofenac plus B vitamins) in acute lumbar vertebral syndromes. Klin Wochenschr 1990; 68:107–15.

2. Vetter G, Bruggemann G, Lettko M, et al. Shortening diclofenac therapy by B vitamins. Results of a randomized double-blind study, diclofenac 50 mg versus diclofenac 50 mg plus B vitamins, in painful spinal diseases with degenerative changes. Z Rheumatol 1988;47:351–62.

3. Bruggemann G, Koehler CO, Koch EM. Results of a double-blind study of diclofenac + vitamin B1, B6, B12 versus diclofenac in patients with acute pain of the lumbar vertebrae. A multicenter study. Klin Wochenschr 1990; 68:116–20.
The authors of all 3 studies reported positive results for the combination therapy, although there were no statistically significant differences reported.

The authors concluded that there is conflicting evidence that an NSAID (diclofenac) plus B vitamins are more effective than diclofenac alone for acute low back pain, and limited evidence that B vitamins do not provide additional effect to an NSAID for chronic degenerative low back pain.

In this case, if the vitamins B are part of formulation of reference product, I have the questions below:
  1. I need to consider the quantification of vitamins in the bioequivalence study to prove that reference and test product are interchangeable? :confused:

2. If you answered "YES" in the question above, I would like to know why? Note with previous information: "..there is conflicting evidence that an NSAID (diclofenac) plus B vitamins are more effective than diclofenac alone for acute low back pain, and limited evidence that B vitamins do not provide additional effect to an NSAID for chronic degenerative low back pain". Therefore, I think illogical to prove the bioequivalence of compounds that don't have trusty clinical evidences. :no:

3. On the other hand, if I made a mistake in last conclusion above (iten 2), and Vitamins can be Actives Pharmaceutical Ingredients (API), can I apply the concept of BCS? In conclusion, the vitamins may be considered candidates for biowaivers? :confused:
If all above don't make a sense, please, inform or send to me the specific guidelines.

I wait any consideration.

Regards
Mauricio Sampaio
★    

Brazil,
2015-07-23 18:05
(3193 d 16:08 ago)

@ Mauricio Sampaio
Posting: # 15130
Views: 1,846

The quantification of vitamins to determine bio­equi­valence

Members,
As I didn't receive any reply, I am changing my question.
Anybody knows a lab that quantifies vitamins in human plasma?:confused:
Regards
UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,988 posts in 4,825 threads, 1,657 registered users;
85 visitors (0 registered, 85 guests [including 2 identified bots]).
Forum time: 10:14 CEST (Europe/Vienna)

The whole purpose of education is
to turn mirrors into windows.    Sydney J. Harris

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5