India,
2014-11-27 15:18
(3431 d 09:12 ago)

Posting: # 13933
Views: 2,382

Missing Concentration calculation/estimation [Regulatives / Guidelines]

Dear all,
Please Help me for the below query.

Query: Can we estimate Missing concentration for particular subject at particular time point. if yes please explain with example.;-)
Dr_Dan
★★  

Germany,
2014-11-27 15:43
(3431 d 08:47 ago)

@ rams
Posting: # 13935
Views: 1,994

Missing Concentration calculation/estimation

Dear rams
Of course you can estimate missing concentrations (e.g. linear interpolation which would not influence the study result) but for which reason? I guess the assessor has a sensitivity analysis in mind in case the missing sample could have represent the Cmax, right?
Kind regards
Dr_Dan

Kind regards and have a nice day
Dr_Dan
Helmut
★★★
Homepage
Vienna, Austria,
2014-11-27 15:53
(3431 d 08:37 ago)

@ rams
Posting: # 13936
Views: 2,071

Missing Concentration calculation/estimation

Hi Rams,

❝ Can we estimate Missing concentration for particular subject at particular time point.

Since you posted in the Regulatives / Guidelines-category: AFAIK nothing is mentioned in any of them.
  • I would suggest to calculate the AUC by the lin-up/log-down trapezoidal rule. Missing values shouldn’t bias the estimate – contrary to the linear trapezoidal which will give a positive bias in the distribution / elimination phases.
  • If the missing value is close to the expected Cmax, bad luck. Hopefully you have a tight sampling schedule around.
  • If your last sample is missing, who cares? GLs ask for a comparison of AUC0–t. You might end up with some apples-and-oranges statistics (e.g., comparing AUC0-48 of the test with AUC0–72 of the refe­rence) but the same would be true if you face a BLQ only after one formulation. Shit happens.
  • If you have to deal with a comparison of Cτ in steady state (EMA) I always use an estimate. ;-) Of course, the procedure has to be unambiguously stated in the protocol.

Dif-tor heh smusma 🖖🏼 Довге життя Україна! [image]
Helmut Schütz
[image]

The quality of responses received is directly proportional to the quality of the question asked. 🚮
Science Quotes
UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,988 posts in 4,825 threads, 1,654 registered users;
95 visitors (0 registered, 95 guests [including 4 identified bots]).
Forum time: 01:30 CEST (Europe/Vienna)

The only way to comprehend what mathematicians mean by Infinity
is to contemplate the extent of human stupidity.    Voltaire

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5