India,
2014-11-27 15:18
(3435 d 11:35 ago)

Posting: # 13933
Views: 2,398

Missing Concentration calculation/estimation [Regulatives / Guidelines]

Dear all,
Please Help me for the below query.

Query: Can we estimate Missing concentration for particular subject at particular time point. if yes please explain with example.;-)
Dr_Dan
★★  

Germany,
2014-11-27 15:43
(3435 d 11:10 ago)

@ rams
Posting: # 13935
Views: 2,007

Missing Concentration calculation/estimation

Dear rams
Of course you can estimate missing concentrations (e.g. linear interpolation which would not influence the study result) but for which reason? I guess the assessor has a sensitivity analysis in mind in case the missing sample could have represent the Cmax, right?
Kind regards
Dr_Dan

Kind regards and have a nice day
Dr_Dan
Helmut
★★★
Homepage
Vienna, Austria,
2014-11-27 15:53
(3435 d 11:00 ago)

@ rams
Posting: # 13936
Views: 2,084

Missing Concentration calculation/estimation

Hi Rams,

❝ Can we estimate Missing concentration for particular subject at particular time point.

Since you posted in the Regulatives / Guidelines-category: AFAIK nothing is mentioned in any of them.
  • I would suggest to calculate the AUC by the lin-up/log-down trapezoidal rule. Missing values shouldn’t bias the estimate – contrary to the linear trapezoidal which will give a positive bias in the distribution / elimination phases.
  • If the missing value is close to the expected Cmax, bad luck. Hopefully you have a tight sampling schedule around.
  • If your last sample is missing, who cares? GLs ask for a comparison of AUC0–t. You might end up with some apples-and-oranges statistics (e.g., comparing AUC0-48 of the test with AUC0–72 of the refe­rence) but the same would be true if you face a BLQ only after one formulation. Shit happens.
  • If you have to deal with a comparison of Cτ in steady state (EMA) I always use an estimate. ;-) Of course, the procedure has to be unambiguously stated in the protocol.

Dif-tor heh smusma 🖖🏼 Довге життя Україна! [image]
Helmut Schütz
[image]

The quality of responses received is directly proportional to the quality of the question asked. 🚮
Science Quotes
UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,993 posts in 4,828 threads, 1,656 registered users;
60 visitors (0 registered, 60 guests [including 9 identified bots]).
Forum time: 03:53 CEST (Europe/Vienna)

So far as I can remember,
there is not one word in the Gospels
in praise of intelligence.    Bertrand Russell

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5