★    

India,
2014-11-10 12:23
(3448 d 10:56 ago)

Posting: # 13849
Views: 3,177

Subject population to be enrolled [Regulatives / Guidelines]

Dear all

I need clarity regarding the subject population to be enrolled for the USFDA study for Drospirenone;Ethinyl Estradiol tablets Oral contraceptive.

As per the OGD guidance
1) Drospirenone;Ethinyl Estradiol 3 mg/0.02 mg tablets
Subjects:Healthy nonpregnant females, general population
2) Drospirenone;Ethinyl Estradiol 3 mg/0.03 mg tablets
Subjects: Healthy males and nonpregnant females, general population

Since Drospirenone;Ethinyl Estradiol is indicated in female subjects, whether we can conduct study on both male and female subjects ?.

Also what is mean by word "general population" Is it for both male and female subjects?
Dr_Dan
★★  

Germany,
2014-11-10 15:52
(3448 d 07:26 ago)

@ pash413
Posting: # 13851
Views: 2,611

Subject population to be enrolled

Dear pash413
It seems to be strange to test an oral contraceptive in men, however, a BE study is an in-vivo quality test and does not necessarily reflect clinical use. So according FDA regulation it is possible to test Drospirenone and Ethinyl Estradiol in men. I did it in several studies (mixed population male and non-pregnant female subjects) and believe me it worked.
Kind regards
Dr_Dan

Kind regards and have a nice day
Dr_Dan
drgunasakaran1
★★  

2014-11-10 19:42
(3448 d 03:37 ago)

@ pash413
Posting: # 13853
Views: 2,607

Subject population to be enrolled

Dear Mr Pash 413,

❝ Since Drospirenone;Ethinyl Estradiol is indicated in female subjects, whether we can conduct study on both male and female subjects ?.

FDA Individual Product BE guidance on Drospirenone; Ethinyl Estradiol 3 mg/0.02 mg was recommended in March 2009 and got revised in Nov 2013.
As per the revised guidance, the study population should be only healthy non-pregnant female subjects.
Whereas, FDA Individual Product BE guidance on Drospirenone; Ethinyl Estradiol 3 mg/0.03 mg was recommended on March 2009 and not revised thereafter.
As per the Prescribing Information of Yasmin, Drospirenone/EE 3mg/0.03mg is indicated only as female oral contraceptive pill and hence, you can recruit only female non-pregnant subjects for BE study and can submit to FDA.

Dr S Gunasakaran MBBS MD
Disclaimer: The replies/posts are my personal opinions and it does not represent my company views on the same.
UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,988 posts in 4,825 threads, 1,656 registered users;
98 visitors (0 registered, 98 guests [including 3 identified bots]).
Forum time: 00:19 CEST (Europe/Vienna)

The only way to comprehend what mathematicians mean by Infinity
is to contemplate the extent of human stupidity.    Voltaire

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5