☆    

India,
2014-09-16 09:29
(3502 d 16:45 ago)

Posting: # 13513
Views: 1,740

FDA: Test Meal [Regulatives / Guidelines]

Dear All,

As per FDA's draft guidance on Bioequivalence Studies with Pharmacokinetic Endpoints for Drugs Submitted Under an ANDA the following is mentioned.

An example test meal would be: two eggs fried in butter, two strips of bacon, two slices of toast with butter, four ounces of hash brown potatoes and eight ounces of whole milk. Substitutions in this test meal (e.g., beef or chicken instead of bacon) can be made as long as the meal provides a similar amount of calories from protein, carbohydrate, and fat and has comparable meal volume, density, and viscosity.

Can any one please let me know in detail about volume, density, and viscosity of food and how to quantify these parameters.

Regards,

KRISH:-)

Edit: Guidance linked. [Helmut]
Helmut
★★★
Homepage
Vienna, Austria,
2014-09-16 11:03
(3502 d 15:11 ago)

@ krish
Posting: # 13516
Views: 1,410

ρ = m/V

Hi Krish,

yes, that’s weird; although only density was added to the requirements of the Guidance Food-Effect Bioavailability and Fed Bioequivalence (2002). :hungry: I wonder which egg-head introduced this (and why).

❝ Can any one please let me know in detail about volume, density, and viscosity of food and how to quantify these parameters.

Counter-question: How did you quantify volume and – especially – viscosity in the last twelve years? Once you are able to measure the meal’s volume, weigh it and calculate ρ = m/V.
BTW, please let us know how you determined the volume of an inhomogenous material containing voids. That’s important.

Dif-tor heh smusma 🖖🏼 Довге життя Україна! [image]
Helmut Schütz
[image]

The quality of responses received is directly proportional to the quality of the question asked. 🚮
Science Quotes
UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,986 posts in 4,823 threads, 1,671 registered users;
78 visitors (0 registered, 78 guests [including 6 identified bots]).
Forum time: 02:14 CEST (Europe/Vienna)

The only way to comprehend what mathematicians mean by Infinity
is to contemplate the extent of human stupidity.    Voltaire

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5