★    

India,
2014-08-06 08:44
(3543 d 23:29 ago)

Posting: # 13340
Views: 5,020

DR Tablet, Sprinkle Fasting Study [Design Issues]

Dear All,

Can we do a sprinkle study for a DR tablet, USFDA submission? If so could you please provide the guidelines link or so?

Please see the below link for the USFDA BE recommendation Guideline.

USFDA BE Recommendation for Doxycycline Hyclate

Check for the third study, we totally confused with this recommendation.

Regards,
MGR
Samaya B
☆    

India,
2014-08-06 10:40
(3543 d 21:34 ago)

@ MGR
Posting: # 13343
Views: 4,280

DR Tablet, Sprinkle Fasting Study

Dear MGR,

You can refer section III C: Bioavailability/Bioequivalence Recommendations on below mentioned link.
http://www.fda.gov/downloads/Drugs/GuidanceComplianceRegulatoryInformation/Guidances/UCM240243.pdf

Sprinkle study over soft food is reccomended by FDA in case of multiple unit dosage forms (beads / granules / pellets). In case of capsule containing beads / granules / pellets, capsule content is sprinked over soft food (apple sauce)and then to be dosed to each volunteer. For detailed study descrption, you can also refer Clinical Pharmacology and Biopharmaceutics review of Namenda XR capsules 28 mg (drugs@fda) in which sprinkle study were carried out by innovator.

I think Doxycycline DR tablet is also a MUPS stretegy and it might be disintegrate when sprinked over apple sauce.

I hope this might be of some use.

Regards,
Samaya.
drgunasakaran1
★★  

2014-08-07 20:39
(3542 d 11:35 ago)

@ MGR
Posting: # 13352
Views: 4,146

DR Tablet, Sprinkle Fasting Study

Dear Mr MGR,

❝ Can we do a sprinkle study for a DR tablet, USFDA submission? If so could you please provide the guidelines link or so?

Yes. You need to conduct Sprinkle fasting study with Doxycycline Delayed release tablets for FDA submission.

The RLD for Doxycycline Delayed release tablets is Doryx of Mayne Pharma. As per the prescribing information of Doryx, DORYX (Doxycycline Hyclate Delayed-Release Tablets, USP), for oral administration, contain specially coated pellets of doxycycline hyclate.
DORYX Tablets may also be administered by carefully breaking up the tablet and sprinkling the tablet contents (delayed-release pellets) on a spoonful of applesauce.
Hence, you need to break the tablets and sprinkle the tablet contents (delayed-release pellets) on a spoonful of applesauce in the Sprinkle Fasting BE study.

Dr S Gunasakaran MBBS MD
Disclaimer: The replies/posts are my personal opinions and it does not represent my company views on the same.
UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,987 posts in 4,824 threads, 1,664 registered users;
86 visitors (0 registered, 86 guests [including 4 identified bots]).
Forum time: 08:14 CEST (Europe/Vienna)

The only way to comprehend what mathematicians mean by Infinity
is to contemplate the extent of human stupidity.    Voltaire

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5