Denmark,
2014-07-15 19:17
(3565 d 17:39 ago)

Posting: # 13268
Views: 1,458

CDSCO, India: PI can do 3 trials at a time [Regulatives / Guidelines]

Hi all,

new regulation from CDSCO: Link here.

This could quickly get complicated to the point where companies are seeking ways to game the system. When is a PI involved in the conduct?
  • If (s)he delegates a task to sub-investigators is (s)he then involved (I'll vote yes)?
  • Does involvement stop at the point the last plasma sample is sent away for analysis (in case no follows-ups are needed)?
If PI involvement correlates with PI responsibility then I guess the PI is involved until the time (s)he has put her/his signature on the final study report.

If an Indian generic company conducts a trial outside India, must the Indian company then ensure that the PI wherever (s)he works is still observing this regulation?

:confused::confused:

Pass or fail!
ElMaestro
Ohlbe
★★★

France,
2014-07-15 19:52
(3565 d 17:04 ago)

@ ElMaestro
Posting: # 13269
Views: 1,271

CDSCO, India: PI can do 3 trials at a time

Dear ElMaestro,

It is indeed very unclear to me and raises tons of questions:
  • what is the legal value of this "order" ?
  • does it apply to BE trials (which I understand are excluded in their vast majority from the scope of Schedule Y as they are not "new drugs") ?
  • if it applies to BE trials: are 3 trials considered to be run at the same time only if subjects from the 3 trials are in-house at the same time ? Could the PI have the period 1 of 2 trials running during the wash-out period of 2 other trials ?
:confused:

Regards
Ohlbe
UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,987 posts in 4,824 threads, 1,661 registered users;
80 visitors (0 registered, 80 guests [including 7 identified bots]).
Forum time: 12:56 CEST (Europe/Vienna)

The only way to comprehend what mathematicians mean by Infinity
is to contemplate the extent of human stupidity.    Voltaire

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5