☆    

India,
2014-07-03 13:37
(3578 d 08:54 ago)

Posting: # 13209
Views: 5,465

Ctau at steady state calculation [NCA / SHAM]

Hi,

on refering to the EMA guideline, it state that ctau is the concentration at the end of the dosing interval at steady state. I am not able to find out any parameter in this name in the software. can anybody tell me ctau=clast?

regards
RK.

Edit: Category changed. [Helmut]
Helmut
★★★
Homepage
Vienna, Austria,
2014-07-04 02:19
(3577 d 20:11 ago)

@ RK
Posting: # 13214
Views: 4,739

Estimated Cτ, if possible

Hi RK,

❝ […] EMA guideline, it state that ctau is the concentration at the end of the dosing inter­val at steady state. I am not able to find out any parameter in this name in the soft­ware.

AFAIK, correct (not available in “classical” WinNonlin, Phoenix/WinNonlin, Kinetica, EquivTest/PK).

❝ […] ctau=clast?

[image]Not necessarily.* See this thread for some ideas in Phoenix/Win­Non­lin. If you are able to estimate λz (≥3 data points) I suggest to use the estimated concentration at t=τ (Ĉτ). See also this pre­sen­tation (slide 17 on what I state in my protocols). We face a similar problem in single dose if tlast of the test tlast of the re­fe­rence. If we compare AUCt it might mean comparing AUC16 to AUC24. That is another example of “apples-and-oran­ges” sta­tis­tics. However, since AUC is an integrated metric the impact on the BE assessment is minor. Cτ (like Cmax) is a single-point metric. The impact on BE might be tre­men­dous. A funny story here (Clast would have failed BE). Two of my studies passed an MRP last year (RMS Germany; CMS Austria, Den­mark, Spain, Sweden, The Netherlands) without any concerns.
Note that Phoenix / Win­Non­lin (if steady state is selected) would estimate AUCτ. You’ll notice that, since if tlast  τ then AUClast  AUCτ. Would be nice if Pharsight implements Cτ in a future version of Phoenix / Win­Non­lin. If I have spare time I’ll check the latest beta-release of v6.4 (can’t promise).

• Only if you would have no missing last concentrations, the con­centration at τ > LLOQ, and no time deviations (tlast = τ).

Dif-tor heh smusma 🖖🏼 Довге життя Україна! [image]
Helmut Schütz
[image]

The quality of responses received is directly proportional to the quality of the question asked. 🚮
Science Quotes
UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,988 posts in 4,825 threads, 1,661 registered users;
101 visitors (0 registered, 101 guests [including 3 identified bots]).
Forum time: 22:31 CEST (Europe/Vienna)

The only way to comprehend what mathematicians mean by Infinity
is to contemplate the extent of human stupidity.    Voltaire

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5